Saturday, August 18, 2012

Skipping Workouts & Skipping Ahead

So I took off a couple of weeks. One week for that special time and another week because I was just super tired. I have no idea why. I'm still tired. I haven't done much on my non-running days. I really need to step up my cross training. I guess it's taking longer for me to adjust to this time zone. I was away for 4mos. I need to take it one day at a time.

But I got back into my running plan and skipped ahead as per usual. The shorter running intervals don't agree with me at all. Then after going from longer intervals to no walk breaks in W5D3, I decided I was over walk breaks. I remember how I hated W6D1 the first time around. It felt so hard. So I skipped it. Went on to W6D3 with no problem at all. It was actually a good run. Oh, I ditched the warm up walk too. I'm starting to feel more like the old me. Warm up walks don't warm me up. Slow jogs do. That explains why I have a history of my 1st mile being the slowest. If I start out slow enough, the run will come to me. I need to remember that going forward. It's so easy to get caught up in the people on the track/path with you. You want to match their pace or race them when you really should be concerned with doing your own thing.

In other news, I know I've been slacking on my workouts but I've intentionally taken more time off in between runs. No, I didn't mean to take off as long as I did. But running every other day won't work right now. Remember, I'm still doing the minimalist "barefoot" running thing. It really taxes my calves. That's not a problem, I just need more rest time. Running in regular running shoes never challenged my calves. I wonder if that means I'm burning more calories too?

Anyway, on to next week. Hopefully, I'll have the energy to get more workouts in. Wish me luck.



8/3 - Bounce, Rock, Skate, Roll (1:15)

8/6 - Yoga Class (50min)
C25k - W5D1
Warm up/Cool down walk - (11min)
Run/Walk - (21min)

8/7 - Yoga (Grounding & Stability - 40min)

8/8 - Hi-Low (55min - water exercise)

8/10 - C25k - W5D2
Warm up/Cool down walk & some extra - (1.2mi - 21min)
Run/Walk - (1.8mi - 20:45 - 11:31pace)
I ran with Black Girls Run. I did an extra long cool down walk while waiting for the ladies to finish their runs.

8/13 - Yoga Class (50min)
C25k - W5D3
Warm up/Cool down walk - (11min)
Run - (20min)


8/17 - C25k - W6D3
Run - (22min)
Cool down walk - (7min)
Bounce, Rock, Skate, Roll (1:15 - still hanging in there practicing backwards skating)

No comments: