Saturday, February 23, 2019

Gotta Start Somewhere

I figured I'd update you while my coffee is steeping in the French press. So I just did my first REAL workout. Wanna hear about it? Here it go...

I started with 6 minutes of yoga. Sun salutations to be exact. I love them. I somewhat followed the illustration below.

I took about 5 breaths while in each pose. It got me warmed up a bit and reminded me how much better I used to be at this kind of thing. Oh well, I gotta start somewhere. Anyway, here are the stats from this mini yoga session.


Wait. Let me back up. I started off with my B-12, iron supplement and some water. THEN I got into the workout.

Next I did some circuit training with weights. I had gotten the basic workout from Nerd Fitness.


I did 3 circuits, but of course I modified it a bit. Body weight squats turned into a squat press with 5 lb weights. Pushups were done on my knees. Always hated them but I'll get better. Walking lunges were done with 5 lb weights. Dumbbell rows were done with 10 lb weights. And planks were done for 15 breaths. I did start with a 5 minute warmup after yoga. I pretty much jogged back and forth across the livingroom rug. I finished up with a 5 minute cooldown consisting of slow walking and stretching. My hamstrings didn't used to be so tight. Oh well. Gotta start somewhere.

Anyway, I'm happy to report that the exercises that I can't stand, well I still can't stand them. But nothing was excruciating (that's probably because I still roller skate from time to time). There was a time when an ankle injury made lunges hella painful. But that time has come and gone. I thought about ending it at 2 circuits but honestly, nothing was wrong with my ass. So I did 3.

I may end up talking shit tomorrow if I wake up feeling broke down. Shit. At this age, things start to hurt when you didn't even do anything. So we'll see. But as of right now, I'm fine.

Also, you'll be happy to know that no cat was stepped on during my workout. For whatever reason, when you decide to bust out the yoga mat and get your workout in, here they come strolling through. But they let me have my me time this time around.

Anyway, I need to see about my coffee. Until next time...

No comments: