Sunday, March 4, 2007

Starting something new

I'm on a quest to become physically active. So I figured I'd use this blog to keep track of what I do. So here goes...

I went to the doctory yesterday. By the way, I hate doctors. I went for a physical. I haven't been to the doctor in years. And out of all the years I've had my own health insurance, I've never put it to good use. Well, I did yesterday. He said that I was a healthy 30yr. He said, "Diet and exercise, darling." I guess those were his words of wisdom. Good thing is, he thought I was about 21. How nice. He took some blood. I have no clue how long it takes to get the results. The only thing I can see him mentioning is my low iron level. And of course, I disclosed that on my paperwork before he even examined me. We'll see.

I walked 2mi today. I know that's not much, but it's good for me considering that I have low energy levels and can't stick to any workout plan to save my life. It doesn't help that I'm anemic. I was born that way. Iron pills don't do me any good and just back me all up. I did buy something called Gentle Iron the othe day. It contains iron, vitamin C, folic acid and something else. I took it for the first time yesterday. So far, so good.

So I walked, and it was good, just a little too chilly for my taste. I'm hoping one day that I can actually train myself to become a jogger. Going from a couch potato to a runner, imagine that. I'm not fat or anything, so it's not about weight loss. It's just about being more healthy, physically. I've got the food part under control.

Breakfast: Oatmeal w/strawberries and soymilk with a little turbinado sugar and a sprinkle of flax seed meal

Snack 1: Oskri honey/mixed nuts bar (I got the munchies during the walk)

Snack 2: Smoothie made w/banana, pineapple, strawberries, some berry medley (raspberry, blueberry, and some other berry I've never heard of), orange juice, ice cubes, and a little turbinado sugar.

Lunch: Black beans in a soft tortilla shell w/lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, and Tofutti sour cream

Dinner: I plan to have falafel on a bed of lettuce with diced tomatoes and tahini dressing

No comments: