Sunday, May 4, 2008

Coffee, Cookies and a Run


Today was a beautiful day. I figured I'd get out to enjoy and run at the same time. It's been about two weeks since I ran. Honestly, I've been either too tired, too lazy or too hormonal to run. Exerting any type of energy was asking a bit too much.

So I was planning to run more than two miles, but I had to rethink that. Breakfast consisted of coffee (to get rid of a headache) and sugar cookies (just because). That's not the best energy for a run. And I didn't want to be found laid out in the grass somewhere, especially since I hate being in grass.

It was a good day and a good run. And my fibula/knee thingy was okay. Hopefully I'll be motivated to get up a bit earlier to run this week. I'm not too sure about staying on schedule. My concern is just getting out there. I've been slacking and I really need to get on the ball. I'm just glad that I haven't outgrown the new smaller clothes I've bought recently. I haven't weighed myself in forever, but my pants still fit. So I guess I'm not as bad off as I thought.

Now I really should make a smoothie or something to offset today's breakfast. I've been so bad.

Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:36 ft
Location:Willingboro, NJElev. Gain:-17 ft
Date:05/04/08Up/Downhill: [+55/-72]
Time:02:24 PMDifficulty:1.4 / 5.0
 
Weather:A Few Clouds
 69 F temp; 54% humidity
 69 F heat index; winds NW 7 G 16
Performance

Distance: 2.00 miles
Time:0:21:18
Speed:5.6 mph
Pace:10' 39 /mi
Calories:225
Notes
No heart rate monitor
Cool down = .36mi
 
Elevation (ft)
 
Pace (min/mile)
 
Splits
MilePace (min/mile)Speed (mph)Elevation
Gain
actual+/- avgactual+/- avg
110' 45+0' 065.6-0.1-49 ft
end10' 31-0' 085.7+0.1+33 ft
Versus average of 10' 39 min/mile

Posted from bimactive.com

2 comments:

turtle tracks said...

Don't feel too bad. I've had Cocoa Pebbles for breakfast more than once this week...

But hey, at least you got back out there! I'm glad to hear your fibula/knee thingy wasn't acting up. I've got something going on with my ribs (that I can hopefully get checked out on Thursday).

Two weeks is nothing compared to the month and a half break I took earlier this year. And I wasn't even injured! Just lazy.

Jeannie said...

I've been having cupcakes for breakfast way too much lately. The only cure is not to make the darn things in the first place...but they please my partner, Daniel, so much...

I'm glad you're out there running again. You are motivating me to re-start my half-marathon training. The one I had been following was just a little too fast-paced for me. Slow and easy is the only way I can go.

I'm glad your fibula didn't affect your run too much--you've been having to deal with that a lot.