Thursday, July 2, 2009

Three Miles and a Funeral

It was way too humid for it to be so early in the morning. My shirt was just one layer too many. I wanted to go shirtless.

So I decided not to go to work today. I went to a funeral instead. I was debating going up until the last minute. The whole situation was on my mind since I found out about it two days ago. And I wanted to show the family some love and support. I would hope that someone would do the same for me. It's a shame that it takes a sad situation to bring people together. But I think there were more smiles and laughter than tears. And the family is at peace knowing that their loved one is in a better place. So it was still a good day.

Activity
Route:Track
Elev. Avg:36 ft
Location:Willingboro, NJElev. Gain:+3 ft
Date:07/02/09Up/Downhill: [+3/-0]
Time:05:08 AMDifficulty:1.5 / 5.0

Weather:Partly Cloudy

68 F temp; 96% humidity

68 F heat index; winds Calm
Performance

Distance: 3.00 miles

Time:0:27:21
Speed:6.6 mph

Pace:9' 07 /mi

Calories:330

Elevation (ft)
Pace (min/mile)
Splits
MilePace (min/mile)Speed (mph)Elevation
Gain
actual+/- avgactual+/- avg
19' 44+0' 376.2-0.4+3 ft
29' 07+0' 006.6-0.00 ft
end8' 30-0' 377.0+0.50 ft
Versus average of 9' 07 min/mile

Posted from bimactive.com

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You can always go shirtless. ;-)

On a serious note, it was thoughtful of you to go to the funeral. To me, I am never comfortable when it comes to attending a funeral. You did the right thing. It is the thought that count that you were there for them. I admire you for that!

By the way, how was the Long Island iced tea?

Black Knight said...

I agree, it is important to show the family love and support when a dear person leaves forever.

Jess said...

I always go shirtless here in FL (although, I don't know -- after the baby I may be more self-conscious about the abs, we'll see).

Sorry about the loss, but it's good you were able to attend the funeral.

A Plain Observer said...

It is indeed sad that it is usually at that point that people remember the good in the departed ones and not before.
It was nice of you to go to the funeral and show your support and compassion.
I like the title of your post.

peter said...

Amen. Thanks for going. I love your new profile pix.