Sunday, October 5, 2008

Bike 10/05/08

I got home from work, changed my clothes real quick and rushed out for today's scheduled cross training. Yes, I much prefer bike riding instead of walking or sweating to death on the elliptical trainer. When I walk, I feel like I could get it over with quicker if I just run. And I just HATE the elliptical trainer. Give me the dreadmill any day. Yeah, I hate it that much.

Okay, so the schedule called for 60min of doing something worthwhile. I just rode around the 'hood with no route in mind. I figured I'd ride around until it was time to come home. An hour later, it was pretty dark. So I'm thinking I need to buy some lights and such for my ride. Oh, and here's a news flash on my biking skills. **I can now steer comfortably with my right hand** Watch out now! LOL! Next on the list is to steer with my left hand. And then, maybe, just maybe I can ride with no hands like I did years ago.

So after all the hard work I did steering with one hand, I'm pretty beat. I'm off to relax and hopefully turn in early. Night all.

Activity
Route:Around the way
Elev. Avg:35 ft
Location:Willingboro, NJElev. Gain:+0 ft
Date:10/05/08Up/Downhill: [+374/-374]
Time:05:53 PMDifficulty:2.8 / 5.0

Weather:Fair

63 F temp; 64% humidity

63 F heat index; winds Calm
Performance

Distance: 10.24 miles

Time:1:02:00
Speed:9.9 mph

Pace:6' 04 /miHeart Rate:113 bpm (Avg)
Calories:423

154 bpm (Peak)

Elevation (ft)
Speed (mph)
Heart Rate (bpm)

Posted from bimactive.com

4 comments:

Mmem said...

WTG on your ride! And especially on being able to steer, lol!!!

:-)

Laurel said...

LOL, you're going to have a buff right arm if you keep up all that steering! You'll be doing BMX tricks in no time! ;)

Great job on the ride. I agree about the elliptical. Ugh.

Thanks for the invite to Silk City, I'll talk to J about it, but we usually don't go out much during the week since he teaches. I want to def go check that place out sometime though. Do you go often?

tfh said...

Yeah, the elliptical trainer bores me, too. At least on the dreadmill I'm distracted because I feel a little tired. On the elliptical I don't think about anything except how much longer I have to do it.

Mendy said...

I like the bike too. I enjoy the elliptical but find that my feet go numb easily. Awesome time on that bike!