Saturday, October 25, 2008

Run 10/25/08

I wasn't in the mood for running. And I was thinking I'd completely skip it, especially with the weather being all crappy (rain). But I sucked it up and took my butt to the Y. It's about time I use my membership for something.

Anyway, treadmill running sucked. The good thing is the Y has fancy treadmills that come with wide screen TVs. So I watched part of The Ring. I also spent a big chunk of time watching the fancy monitor. I've run on a treadmill before, but it just seemed harder this time. Where I thought I would have picked up the pace, I just didn't. At least I ran. I'm supposed to run four times a week. But with work cutting into my day (and making me feel like crap), and with the days getting shorter, I'm just not into it. I guess that's what happens this time of year. Someone please tell me that I'm not alone.

And on that note, I think I'm gonna treat myself to a fruity rum drink. Enjoy your weekend!

Activity
Route:Treadmill
Elev. Avg:0 ft
Location:Mount Laurel, NJ
Elev. Gain:+0 ft
Date:10/25/08Up/Downhill: [+0/-0]
Time:04:30 PMDifficulty:1.9 / 5.0
Performance

Distance: 5.95 miles

Time:1:00:00
Speed:6.0 mph

Pace:10' 05 /miHeart Rate:180 bpm (Avg)
Calories:665
194 bpm (Peak)
Notes
Incline = 1.0
Cool Down = .12mi

Posted from bimactive.com

5 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, you KNOW you are not alone in finding it hard to motivate this time of year. Cold & dark are just not that conducive to running... And treadmills suck. But keep it up! Are there other things at the Y you can experiment with? Spinning classes? Group weightlifting? Or maybe... maaaaybe this winter's the time to start working on your swimming (you know, for the triathlon you're going to do someday ;-)

Jess said...

Well, for me in FL, this is the time of year when running actually gets good. But the FL running schedule is the complete opposite of the rest of the country.

TNTcoach Ken said...

This is the time of year that pays off next spring. Just think, you get three days off.....

Laurel said...

As it gets colder, it really is getting more difficult to get out there. Especially since this is my first winter in forever!

Amy said...

No you are not alone!!! Especially now with the time change and it getting dark so early, it is very hard to motivate myself to get out there and go in the cold, rain and wind - help!