Thursday, April 16, 2009

Man Up!!

That's right, Spring. I'm talking to your punk ass. I had to scrape ice off my car before heading to the track. And get this, when I got there, I discovered it was covered in black ice. So yeah, my plans for a tempo run didn't quite work out. Of course, I wasn't in the mood for it anyway, but still. Spring, you need to stop acting like a little punk and man up. For real! I mean, it's April, and I don't have time for this. I'm finally making it my business to get up at the crack of dawn to get my run on, and you do this. Look, don't let me have to bring my people.

So yeah, I didn't do the tempo run. I couldn't see speeding up without busting my ass. So I just did 2mi that was actually due tomorrow. I guess that works out anyway. I got a late start this morning. I wasn't in the mood today. I just wasn't feeling it when I woke up. Trying to do a tempo run on top of that wasn't gonna work. I just hope tomorrow is better.


6 comments:

Jess said...

Ice?! Man alive, spring does need to man up!

tfh said...

The blog looks great-- ready for spring! It's supposed to start warming up here this afternoon-- hopefully same goes for you.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

lol. great post, and i hope the little punk ass mans up for ya soon :)

Anonymous said...

This weather is killing me too. I hope spring gets here soon!

Liz said...

Spring is HERE(ish)!! At least on Long Island it is...should be in the high 60's today and tomorrow, then back in the 50's Sun on....booo!!! Just hoping it gets back to nice next Sun - I'm running the More Half....

TNTcoach Ken said...

Ha, we're having some spring here in the high-five state.