Thursday, April 2, 2009

Run 4/2/09


This was a fast one, 3mi @ 8:49 pace. I didn't expect it to be so fast. But at least I know now that I'm capable of running a decent 5k, if I choose to run one. Short distances really aren't my strong suit. About time I'm warmed up, the race will be over. Anyway, I told myself to slow down. But once you get going, it's hard to ease up. Oh well. It was one hell of a workout. I wasn't too hard on myself though or I'd be feeling it now. Once I got into the cool down, it was like I didn't run at all.

And yes, those would be random pictures of my legs and feet. I bought a Nikon Coolpix yesterday. I figured I'd treat myself to a camera. I've never owned one. Isn't that sad? A camera phone and a web cam don't count. I feel like I want to capture life. I have no pictures to look back on and that stops now. So yeah, you may see some random pictures here. It would be nice to have something here other than stats (see below if you're interested).








So tomorrow's a rest day. I am going to my favorite lounge spot. Well, that's if work doesn't tire me out. I really hope not. Or maybe I'll just come home and take a nap first. But I love the music and I love the company. And I love that I can walk up to the DJ and ask what he's playing, and he'll actually show me. I'm a big, BIG music fan. I ended up buying an album he recommended since the last time I was there. Music just makes me feel so much better. You don't want to see me if I'm lacking food, sleep or music. It's not a pretty sight.

Well, enough of the random talk. I'm off to bed. Night all.





7 comments:

Rookie on the Run said...

Nice legs, lady!! Good job on your running, too. Your "lounge spot" looks amazing! Have a great time- you deserve it!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Never owned a camera!!! You poor thang!

Jess said...

Great job!

sneakersister said...

That is just craziness! First camera? The Coolpix is a nice one. Enjoy. You realize that we are going to be expecting lots of photo posts, though, right?

Nice little quick run there Christie. Keep up the great work. You have been doing so well lately.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on getting a new camera. This mean that I will see more pixs of your running. Get busy! Whooa, you are getting faster. Keep it up.

Unknown said...

Great pace!

I like putting pictures up too. I bought my camera very recently too.

Marci said...

Great job on your 3 miler!