Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Run 3/31/09 Almost There

I am really surprised this run turned out the way it did. I didn't have a decent meal all day. Of course I ate, but it was mostly snacking. I did manage to work in a banana and an orange, which to me, is still snacking (but good snacking). Anyway, instead of the track, I went to the park. I figured I could get in a decent run before it got dark. There were a lot of people out too. I ran three times through the woods, and the last mile on the road since it was kind of dark at that point. Wait a minute. Let me back track.

I didn't run Sunday because for one, I had a ridiculous headache all day. And two, my right head of fibula knee thingy was bothering me. Well, it bothered me towards the end of Saturday's long run. This would be the injury that notified me over a year ago that my old sneaks needed to be replaced. Yeah, I learned the hard way. I took off yesterday as well to rest it. Fast forward to today, and it didn't make an appearance at all.

So back to the run. Mile 3 at 8:58 surprised the heck out of me. It helps that it was downhill. Same deal for mile 5 at 8:59. At that point, I told myself that I couldn't possibly have a negative split in the last mile. It helps that I ran the last mile on the road though. Not as hilly. Thank God. Mile 6 was done in 8:39. What in the world? I'll take it. And with that, I finished up with an overall pace of 9:05.

This is all just amazing. Maybe a month or so ago, I talked about my goal of maintaining a sub-9:00 pace. And I so didn't see it happening anytime soon. But the more I run, the more I believe it could actually happen sooner that I thought. So with that, to all you speed demons, I'm on your heels. LOL!

Have a good night.



8 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

great progress you're making!

Antoinette said...

Um, you would totally dust me in a race; color me jealous!

Nice job! :)

Jess said...

Wow, great job on the speed progress!

tfh said...

You are speedy! On our heels? Nah, you've already passed me!

DawnB said...

very nice christie. You are really doing great out there.

I Run for Fun said...

Christie, you are amazing! Wonderful progress.

TNTcoach Ken said...

Wow, I will be looking over my shoulder now. Great job.

DawnB said...

Nice job, great run.