Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Run 3/18/09 and a recipe

I wasn't feeling quite right, so I cut my 60min run down to 45min. My stomach just wasn't agreeing with me for whatever reason. I can always make up the 15min some other time. Anyway, the run went better than expected considering I was on the track. I'm convinced that I run slower on flat services. It just feels so much harder to me. I felt like I was hardly moving. I had a decent pace though. Go figure.

Anyway, I've been all rawlicious lately. Right now, I'm enjoying a frozen ripe banana, blended with a bit of almond milk (homemade - I feel so natural), some cacao powder, and a sprinkle of cacao nibs. Oh, and in case you're interested, my breakfast has been 1/2 cup of soaked steel cut oats, 1/2 mashed banana, 2 tbsp dried coconut, some raisins, some chopped walnuts, a sprinkle of cinnamon, a dash of salt, and a squirt of agave. The first time I ate it, I kept staring at my bowl in disbelief at how good it was. Now, I can't wait to eat breakfast in the mornings. Damn, I just remembered that I'm out of raisins now. Oh well.



Activity
Route:Track
Elev. Avg:36 ft
Location:Willingboro, NJElev. Gain:+3 ft
Date:03/18/09Up/Downhill: [+3/-0]
Time:06:35 PMDifficulty:1.8 / 5.0

Weather:Fair

58 F temp; 53% humidity

58 F heat index; winds S 5
Performance

Distance: 4.80 miles

Time:0:45:02
Speed:6.4 mph

Pace:9' 23 /mi

Calories:531

Notes
Cool Down = .33mi
Elevation (ft)
Pace (min/mile)
Splits
MilePace (min/mile)Speed (mph)Elevation
Gain
actual+/- avgactual+/- avg
19' 44+0' 216.2-0.2+3 ft
29' 26+0' 036.3-0.00 ft
39' 10-0' 136.5+0.10 ft
49' 19-0' 046.4+0.00 ft
end9' 20-0' 036.4+0.00 ft
Versus average of 9' 23 min/mile

Posted from bimactive.com

6 comments:

tfh said...

How long do you soak your oats? Overnight? Sounds good and healthy. I have a hard time running on 100% flat, too. I think it's because there's no variety in terms of leg muscles used.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Yum! Breakfast sounds so so good! Great job on the run! :)

I Run for Fun said...

Nice run and great eats. Hope that tummy feels better.

Jess said...

Do you want to come to my house and make me breakfast in the morning?

Black Knight said...

Don't worry for the 15 minutes cut. To run is important. We have a different breakfast: only cappuccino and cornetto (milk & coffe and an typical italian cake with marmalade).

peter said...

Reading your post made me hungry! You had a nice 45 minute run, normally that's plenty unless you're training for something. I like your new banner.