Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Out for the count

I figured I'd post a little update since my head is bangin' and I'm having trouble going back to sleep. I'm sick and I feel like crap. All runs this week have been/will be canceled. I have a horrible cold. I called out of work Monday, not because of the snow, but because I've been coughing myself into a fever. My abs are so damn sore. I'm sure I'm coughing myself into washboard abs. Anyway, I went in yesterday. Various people were asking me if I was okay and trying to give me cough drops for my coughing fits. Mind you, I had taken medicine and was sucking on a cough drop during the coughing fits. It's bad. I hacked myself into watery, red eyes and all. I couldn't even talk. Just cough. Oh, I forgot to mention that congestion set in yesterday. I was blowing my nose and running back and forth to the bathroom to wash my hands. This morning, I wake up feeling a million times worse. Why? Because now there's a brand spanking new migraine to go with it. So at 5:30am, I left a message for my manager. With any luck, I'll feel better by the weekend. Right now I just want to be unconscious. I don't think this migraine will let me have my way though. I hope everyone is feeling better than me.

12 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Feel better soon!

tfh said...

Sounds AWFUL. Stay in bed and feel better soon.

Michelle said...

I hope your feeling better girlie!!!

How is the soup?

I Run for Fun said...

Sorry you are feeling this way. Hope you feel better soon!

Antoinette said...

Sounds awful! Get better soon!

Natalie D said...

wow - feel better! thanks for stopping by my blog!

Vickie said...

Its going around EVERYWHERE! I had it right after the first of the year and now its all around the workplace and at home again. Take care. Get better!

DawnB said...

Sounds awful, hope you are feeling better soon.

Aron said...

feel better soon! get LOTS of rest!

Jess said...

Sorry to hear you're feeling so awful! Rest up and get better soon!

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Sorry to see that you're under the weather. I always feel horrible when I'm sick and can't work out the way I'd like. Hope you're better soon!

Unknown said...

Yikes, I hope you feel better!!!