Thursday, October 15, 2009

Gots ta get it in when I can fit it in

Didn't make it to yoga yesterday. And I was planning a swim too. But I was stuck in the house getting some stuff repaired. Life happens, I guess. Since I was a bum, I went to the Y to get it in.

Jumped on the treadmill. Hated every minute of it. Haven't had a really, really sucky run for a while. Now that I've gotten that out of the way, it's business as usual.

What possessed me to jump on the elliptical after a crappy run is beyond me. Well, I did need to waste a lil bit of time before jumping into the pool. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I actually wanted to stay longer. The torturous device that I once hated is now cool with me. We peaced it out.

Finally, the swim team left, so I jumped in the pool. I thought I was gonna feel tired. But it was Kool and the Gang. I felt strong. I'm kicking better. I guess the kicking drill warm ups are doing their job.

And with all that, I'm officially tired now.

Activity
Route:Treadmill
Elev. Avg:0 ft
Location:Mount Laurel, NJ
Elev. Gain:+0 ft
Date:10/15/09Up/Downhill: [+0/-0]
Time:07:30 PMDifficulty:1.5 / 5.0
Performance

Distance: 3.00 miles

Time:0:26:07
Speed:6.9 mph

Pace:8' 42 /mi

Calories:320

Notes
1mi @ 9:16
2mi @ 8:39
3mi @ 8:12

Cool Down = .32mi

Elliptical
Distance: 1.62mi
Time: 18:00
Calories: 151

Swim
Distance: 1450yd
Time: 45:54
Calories: 390

1x400 Flutter kick w/fins
1x1050 Front crawl + Breaststroke

Posted from bimactive.com

4 comments:

Jess said...

Elliptical and the treadmill? You're a glutton for boredom aren't you?

joyRuN said...

I've burned away plenty of minutes on some cardio equipment waiting for the pool - like you said - might as well get it in!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

something is better than nothing, you're doing great!

Lindsay said...

the treadmill is rarely very enticing, but you gotta do what you gotta do some days!

i don't really know for sure what caused my nausea/dizziness. i am thinking it was maybe overworking myself + a subluxation interfering with my nervous system (since the chiropractic visits made noticeable improvements!) and maybe a little poor-diet (too many carbs). i've been doing OK since taking it easy, so hopefully it'll continue to clear up/stay away for a good race in a few weeks!