Sunday, October 11, 2009

It's Been How Long?

I know, I know. I've done a terrible job at maintaining this blog. For one, I'm always logging everything on dailymile. It posts to Twitter and Facebook. So if you follow me on there, you know what I'm up to. Two, I was in a funk. I took some time away from all things running..my blog, your blogs, and of course actual running. In the midst of the funk, I had an injury too. It's still here. So I've cut my mileage way down. Yeah, I ran 113mi in August. Then ran less than 30mi in September. Big difference. Gained a couple pounds from inactivity. I even stopped hitting the club while in my funk. If you know me, you know that I love to dance and that I dance hard (like hard running in a race). But it's cool. I'm active again and those couple pounds are gone. And I was out last night wearing a groove in the floor. So all is good.

I ran today and it was cool. Pretty graphs below. I also pulled out my bike for the first time in ages. It was a short ride (3.24mi). I was riding to the track to get a run in, but there was a football game going on. I took the scenic route home and ran in the park instead. As far as my current running state goes, I am not following a plan. Maybe another time, but not now. No need to pressure myself, especially when there's an injury involved. If I feel like running, I run. If I'm not feeling it, I don't. Usually my hip lets me know anyway. It can go from being sore, to being okay, to feeling like I've been shanked. Gotta play it by ear. But my goal is to run 3 or 4 days a week, allowing plenty of rest.

In the meantime, I've spent a lot of time swimming and doing yoga. I had my last swim class a couple weeks ago. And I'm really keeping up with my practice. I'm at the pool 2-4 times a week. If I have the time, I swim for at least an hour. I have two yoga classes this session on Mondays and Wednesdays. The Monday class is 90min long and more intense than Wednesday's 60min class. The classes really help my home practice. Yes, I'm doing yoga on my own too. I feel strong. No, I'm not balancing my whole body on my finger tips. I may never do that (too much junk in the trunk for all that). But my arms look like I hit the free weights. And we all know how I feel about strength training. HATED IT!

Another thing I've been doing in my spare time is belly dancing. No, I'm not taking classes. I bought another dvd. Yes, another. I have one from a few years ago, but it's not very good to learn from. But the instruction on this new dvd is on point. Love it! That reminds me, I'm signed up for Zumba next session. We all know how I love all things Latin. Along with that, I'm signed up for more yoga (the same two classes), a chisel class (because I hate strength training but really should), and a step/sculpt class. I'll be busy, busy, busy and hoping to love every minute of it. Why am I all YMCA class crazy? Because it's free with my membership of course. It may not always be like this, so I gotta take advantage when I can.

On that note, I've done all the catching up I'm gonna do for now (because I'm tired). I hope all is well. And I plan to catch up with y'all soon. Well, that's if my Google reader hasn't exploded :)



Activity
Route:Park
Elev. Avg:26 ft
Location:Willingboro, NJElev. Gain:-27 ft
Date:10/11/09Up/Downhill: [+173/-200]
Time:02:10 PMDifficulty:1.8 / 5.0

Weather:Fair

64 F temp; 42% humidity

64 F heat index; winds NW 8
Performance

Distance: 5.00 miles

Time:0:45:47
Speed:6.6 mph

Pace:9' 09 /miHeart Rate:172 bpm (Avg)
Calories:561
189 bpm (Peak)
Notes
Cool Down = .45mi
Elevation (ft)
Pace (min/mile)
Heart Rate (bpm)
Heart Rate Zones
ZoneRange
(bpm)
Time
In Zone
Distance
In Zone
Zone 5180 - 2000h 17m36% 1.92 mi
Zone 4160 - 1800h 25m54% 2.71 mi
Zone 3140 - 1600h 07m14% 0.70 mi
Zone 2120 - 1400h 00m0% 0.04 mi
Zone 1100 - 1200h 00m0% 0.03 mi
(none)out of range0h 00m0% 0.00 mi
Splits
MilePace (min/mile)Speed (mph)Heart
Rate
Elev
Gain
actual+/- avgactual+/- avg
19' 39+0' 30
6.2-0.3153-49 ft
29' 24+0' 156.4-0.21690 ft
39' 08-0' 016.6+0.0175+13 ft
48' 55-0' 166.7+0.2181+13 ft
end8' 39
-0' 30
6.9+0.3184-3 ft
Versus average of 9' 09 min/mile

Posted from bimactive.com

5 comments:

Jess said...

Glad to have you back!

A Plain Observer said...

yoga is great for you. If you get the chance try Kundalini yoga, it is very cardio.
I wish I could swim that many times but as it is, I'm too lazy to drive to the pool once a week (30 min away)
Glad you're back

Unknown said...

I am with you. I have to say that I am terrible with blogging. Like you, I post it on Daily Mile which goes to Twitter. I guess that makes two of us.

P.S. Thanks for the generosity !

Michelle said...

WELCOME.BACK.TO.BLOGGING!!!!

Cris said...

good job!