Tuesday, October 13, 2009

When all else fails, SWIM!

I didn't dance as hard as I wanted to last night. And you know, it just doesn't feel right if some part of my body isn't sore. I had a headache all day, but that doesn't count. I wanted to run, but my hip wasn't feeling it. Instead, I took myself to the pool at the last possible minute. Headache and all, I felt like I needed to do something. It wasn't the best time I've spent in the pool. Like running, I have good days and bad days. But I tell you what, my triceps and quads are back to being sore. So all is right in my world again :)

1x400 Flutter kick w/fins
1x50 Front crawl
1x1050 (1x25 Breaststroke + 1x25 Front crawl)

1500 yd Total

I may run tomorrow depending on how the hip feels. Thinking about swimming again too. But I definitely have yoga class. My teacher gave us handouts and wanted us to pick two poses to practice at home. I haven't done my own practice since last Thursday. I covered one of the poses then. And I did another in yoga class on Monday. I wonder if it's cheating since I didn't do one at home. I wonder if anyone took her seriously and actually practiced. I guess we'll see tomorrow.

8 comments:

Jess said...

Nice job on the swim!

Girl in Carolina said...

I love to swim! I wish my gym had a pool, it's such a great workout!

joyRuN said...

Haha! I'm the same way - my world doesn't feel quite right if there's not a single part of my body that's feeling sore.

We're such gluttons for punishment!

N.D. said...

Nice swim and I like your bright and sunny blog look!

D.Lo's Daily Thoughts said...

Thanks for coming out to visit my site...glad I was able to crack you up. Please come back and visit often...giveaways are on their way!! I love your blog as well...after hearing all this exercise you do...I'm thinking I really need to get my arse in shape!! You'll be my motivator!!

DawnB said...

Christie nice to see you back and still busy as ever.

Lindsay said...

thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

nice job on your swim! certainly hope your hip is feeling better, i've been there, no fun.

A Plain Observer said...

you do so much! it's amazing