Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Dreadmill Running


I skipped a day of running last week. I was going to make it up by running on Sunday but I had some where to be. I did make up for it by spending all day walking around NYC. I came home with sore shins and thighs. So did I really skip a day? I really don't think so.

Just when I decided to go out for a run, it started to pour. So I ended up on the dreadmill at the Y. At least it was a fancy dreadmill with a tv. But still, I'm not a fan of dreadmill running. The area around the right fibula head started to bother me. Is it really possible that running on asphalt is better than running on a dreadmill? Or maybe I'm really just not feeling the dreadmill and it's all in my head. And I'm certainly not a fan of being all sweaty and disgusting while I'm on the thing. A fan really doesn't do me any good. I really prefer being outside where the sweat is just blown off you.

Enough of my dreadmill complaints. I ran 4 miles. I dreaded every minute of it. I really wish I ran outside instead. Oh well. There's always another day.

Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:0 ft
Location:--Elev. Gain:+0 ft
Date:04/01/08Up/Downhill: [+0/-0]
Time:05:30 PMDifficulty:1.7 / 5.0
Performance

Distance: 4.00 miles
Time:0:43:46
Speed:5.5 mph
Pace:10' 56 /mi
Calories:443
Notes
Treadmill run

Mile 1 = 12:16
Mile 2 = 10:35
Mile 3 = 10:34
Mile 4 = 10:21



 

Posted from bimactive.com

2 comments:

JKL said...

I like treadmills, you can't watch TV outside while you run. Well you could but I do not recommend it. You should try biking, its better than running.

Stuart said...

Damn, you're just gettin' it done! Well done for gutting it out.