Thursday, April 10, 2008


Today was a warm one. So I took my running skirt out for a spin for the second time. I'm usually self conscious about that kind of stuff, but I didn't want to be uncomfortable. The last time I ran, I felt like my running pants and short sleeved shirt were way too much clothing. I was burning up. The running skirt did me well, but I really should invest in a sleeveless moisture wicking shirt. Yes, the short sleeves were too much for me.

Again, I wasn't into this run. Honestly, I didn't think I would run today since I got up later than usual for a running day. I was tired, had a bit of a headache, could have used some coffee (but I didn't go there), and I had to get to work. It wasn't my best pace, but it got done. I just can't imagine how I'm going to deal with the elements once the heat really kicks in. By then, maybe I'll have sleeveless moisture wicking shirts:)

Music: 4hero Presents Brazilika

I think this is my new favorite album. I love, Love, LOVE this album. It's so me. I could play this everyday and not get tired of it. What can I say? I love Latin music. If you want to go to Brazil but your passport is not together, get this album. You will think you were there.

Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:37 ft
Location:Willingboro, NJElev. Gain:-17 ft
Date:04/10/08Up/Downhill: [+55/-72]
Time:10:03 AMDifficulty:1.4 / 5.0
 
Weather:Fog/Mist
 57 F temp; 86% humidity
 57 F heat index; winds W 3
Performance

Distance: 2.00 miles
Time:0:20:16
Speed:5.9 mph
Pace:10' 08 /miHeart Rate:170 bpm (Avg)
Calories:223189 bpm (Peak)
Notes
Cool Down = .36mi
 
Elevation (ft)
 
Pace (min/mile)
 
Heart Rate (bpm)
 
Heart Rate Zones
ZoneRange
(bpm)
Time
In Zone
Distance
In Zone
193 - 1110h 00m0% 0.01 mi
2111 - 1300h 01m3% 0.07 mi
3130 - 1480h 00m2% 0.05 mi
4148 - 1670h 00m3% 0.07 mi
5167 - 1850h 16m78% 1.57 mi
(none)out of range0h 02m12% 0.27 mi
Splits
MilePace (min/mile)Speed (mph)Heart
Rate
Elev
Gain
actual+/- avgactual+/- avg
110' 16+0' 085.8-0.1159-52 ft
end9' 59-0' 096.0+0.1182+36 ft
Versus average of 10' 08 min/mile

Posted from bimactive.com

5 comments:

kate nesi said...

I love my running skirts, but I get all self conscious and don't wear them much. They do look so cute though!

Jeannie said...

I think it's great that you're out there running even when it doesn't feel great -- if running is really what you want to do. If you're falling out of love with running, maybe it's time to try something else for a while, then come back the sport. Maybe??

P.O.M. said...

New running clothes are always a great motivation (as is good music). I will have to check that out!

DawnB said...

I love my running skirts as well. right now I don't like them though because I feel FAT!!

nice run today for not feeling like it.

peter said...

You need a sleeveless moisture wicking shirt! Go to Target, or go online to One More Mile Running Co. (OMM).

My former running buddy (moved to the left coast, all the good ones eventually do) wore skirts. Check out her review of running skirts. http://www.runwashington.com/productreviews/productreviewskirt06.html