Saturday, August 2, 2008

Saturday Photo Shoot (with a bootleg camera)

I was feeling cute today. So I took some pictures. Bad pictures, but still pictures. I only have a camera phone to work with, so you get what you get. And as you can see, I bought another running dress. Actually two more. There was a sale going on, so I had to get them, especially with the hooked up discount from Nettie. Thanks, girl.


Is it me, or does my foot look really big in the second photo. I know I have big feet (size 9) but for some reason they look bigger than everything on my body.

I woke up before my alarm to Tom & Jerry (I love them). But I didn't get out of the house any sooner, mostly because of this morning's photo shoot. It was a quarter to 8 and it was starting to rain. Nothing too bad. I figured I'd stick with it and beat the gnats, instead of waiting to run afterward. It was actually quite refreshing especially knowing that I was covered in water and not my own sweat. But I'm sure by the end of the run it was all sweat. Actually, I'm sure it was. Before the run, I weighed in at 139.2. After, I was 138.2. My dress was pretty soaked. It felt heavy when I took it off. Oh, I have some post run pictures. Anyone want to guess how many sets of tennis it looks like I played? Check it out. My dress is soaked.

Side Note: Can I just say that I'm still trying to get my mind around being under 140 on a given day. For a good portion of my life up until I started running a year ago, my weight range was 150-156.






All in all, it was a good run. I took it easy, well what seemed easy for me. My pace these days is still blowing my mind. My first 5miler was a lot slower. And I was surprised how consistent miles 2-4 were. But in the last mile, I just wanted it to be over with already. Anyway, by the end of the run, the rain was over. Luckily, the gnats didn't make an appearance. All the geese or ducks or whatever these birds are were out and about. I've heard they can be kind of aggressive (they chased a friend of mine), but they were just out doing their thing. I'm just glad they weren't chasing me for any reason. They were everywhere.


So, that's my day so far. And on that note, I'm out (possibly to get some falafel). Have a great weekend.

Music: Beautiful Tomorrow by Blue Six
I was just in the mood for some laid back house music.

Activity
Route:Park Run
Elev. Avg:0 ft
Location:Willingboro, NJElev. Gain:+0 ft
Date:08/02/08Up/Downhill: [+0/-0]
Time:07:44 AMDifficulty:0 / 5.0

Weather:Light Rain Fog/Mist

73 F temp; 90% humidity

73 F heat index; winds SW 3
Performance

Distance: 5.00 miles

Time:0:48:03
Speed:6.2 mph

Pace:9' 37 /miHeart Rate:173 bpm (Avg)
Calories:559
194 bpm (Peak)
Notes
Cool Down = .45mi
Pace (min/mile)
Heart Rate (bpm)
Heart Rate Zones
ZoneRange
(bpm)
Time
In Zone
Distance
In Zone
193 - 1110h 00m0% 0.02 mi
2111 - 1300h 01m1% 0.07 mi
3130 - 1480h 02m5% 0.26 mi
4148 - 1670h 08m17% 0.82 mi
5167 - 1850h 23m49% 2.48 mi
(none)out of range0h 13m27% 1.43 mi
Splits
MilePace (min/mile)Speed (mph)Heart
Rate
Elev
Gain
actual+/- avgactual+/- avg
110' 16+0' 395.8-0.4146-- ft
29' 34-0' 036.3+0.0171-- ft
39' 31-0' 066.3+0.1179-- ft
49' 28-0' 096.3+0.1185-- ft
end9' 11-0' 266.5+0.3189-- ft
Versus average of 9' 37 min/mile

Posted from bimactive.com

13 comments:

Tall Girl Running said...

LOVE the running dress! It took awhile for me to work up the courage to run in a skirt... wonder if I could ever pull off the dress. Where are you buying yours?

Great job on your workouts, by the way. Looks like we're both getting our paces down to about the same range. Feels great, huh?!

P.O.M. said...

Great job on the run - nice pace. So, is the dress comfortable? I still have issues with the skirt. I have tried 2 brands and neither work for me. Which is weird, cuz I'm doing a "skirt" race in Sept. It's only a 5k so I think I can manage, but anything longer with the skirt has not been good for me.

peter said...

Nice 5-miler! I consider any 6-miler under an hour a success, and you wouldda done that hands-down. 155 ever? I don't believe it! You look terrific and are running so great.

DawnB said...

you did great Christie, and I love the running dress

Frayed Laces said...

shazam! what a dress! you go girl!

Laura said...

That running dress is super cute! I've fallen in love with skirts, but hadn't really considered dresses - I'll have to keep my eye out for cute ones.

Marcy said...

You look CUTE!!

OMG Canadian geese ARE mean. Especially if you get too close to their young. I've had them chase me before as well. They hiss and charge LOL

tfh said...

Nice pace! Those geese have definitely hissed and flew up at me...scary enough that now when I see them I'll turn around and change my route, ha.

Don said...

Just from reading this post and seeing the graphs and looking at those legs of yours and seeing those nice running shoes I conclude the following: you are DEFINITELY a runner. LOL.

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

I just can't pull of the running dress yet. Too much thigh chaffing. As soon as i can, though, Look Out!

TNTcoach Ken said...

So you're set for running dresses for a while? Is there a winter version? Now you're invested.

kate nesi said...

Cute dress! I have some running skirts, but I like the dress better! :)

Antoinette said...

Ah, you got the pink one! We will need to do a race together in our dresses! Lovin' it! :)