Saturday, December 13, 2008

Run 12/13/08

It's been about 3 weeks since I ran. I know, I know, it's horrible. Most times, I have a pretty good reason not to (MIGRAINES). Then other times I have a not so good reason, like laziness. When you stop being active, you begin to lose the desire to be active. Winter time is not helping either. I just want to hibernate.

So I made it out and it was about time. My clothes size is holding steady, but my stomach isn't as flat as I remember. Or maybe it's all in my head. Whenever you stop running, even for just a few days, you feel like you gain weight overnight. So on to the run, it felt very labored. That's what happens when you don't run for weeks. I actually felt like I was running in slow motion. But that's probably because my legs were numb. It's cold out. I really should put another layer under my gear. My core was fine though.

I don't know. Maybe one of these days, I'll start going to bed early enough to be well rested for a morning run. I'm not feeling that I've been neglecting my running. And it's sad because I don't even stay up late anymore. Work makes me so tired. Leaving with a headache almost everyday takes a lot out of me. I've had days where I fall asleep around 9ish and still wake up tired. Maybe I need to go to bed as soon as I get home. That's sad.

Anyway, I need to get my hot chocolate on. It's cold. Oh, and it was just 66° on Wednesday. And supposedly it will be 60ish on Monday. It's currently 28°. I hope I don't get sick.

Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:37 ft
Location:Willingboro, NJElev. Gain:-33 ft
Date:12/13/08Up/Downhill: [+52/-85]
Time:03:31 PMDifficulty:1.7 / 5.0
Weather:Fair
33 F temp; 51% humidity
33 F heat index; winds N 7
Performance

Distance: 2.13 miles

Time:0:20:32
Speed:6.2 mph

Pace:9' 38 /miHeart Rate:181 bpm (Avg)
Calories:237
198 bpm (Peak)
Notes
I completely forgot to time my cool down walk. Oh well.
Elevation (ft)
Pace (min/mile)
Heart Rate (bpm)
Heart Rate Zones
ZoneRange
(bpm)
Time
In Zone
Distance
In Zone
Zone 5180 - 2000h 12m60% 1.29 mi
Zone 4160 - 1800h 07m36% 0.77 mi
Zone 3140 - 1600h 00m2% 0.05 mi
Zone 2120 - 1400h 00m1% 0.04 mi
Zone 1100 - 1200h 00m0% 0.02 mi
(none)out of range0h 00m0% 0.00 mi
Splits
MilePace (min/mile)Speed (mph)Heart
Rate
Elev
Gain
actual+/- avgactual+/- avg
19' 44+0' 066.2-0.1169-59 ft
29' 36-0' 026.2+0.0191+39 ft
end9' 02-0' 366.6+0.4192-13 ft
Versus average of 9' 38 min/mile

Posted from bimactive.com

8 comments:

Neese said...

still a decent pace for being away from it for so long... keep sipping that hot chocolate and I hope you don't get sick

Antoinette said...

I thought I was the only one that immediately felt fat when she skips a run or two. :)

I hope your job isn't so stressful all year long. :(

Liz said...

Good to see you back on the blog!! Hope those headaches start to ease up soon...and I'm pretty sure the getting fat thing is all mental (I hope :) )

TNTcoach Ken said...

Like the commercial say, 'just do it'. You feel so much better once you're done.

Jess said...

Cold weather definitley makes you want to stay bundled up indoors!

Unknown said...

Like you, its hard to get out when its cold. The weather in NJ has been on a roller coaster like where you are. Yesterday, it was 68 degrees. It felt like spring and right now at this moment, it is snowing hard. What the heck???
At least, you had a good nice run.

The hot chocolate sounds too good!

DawnB said...

I just told neese this remember whats in the heart never leaves you be back on track we all have our bouts still going through mine

Laurel said...

It's sooooo hard to wake up early this time of year for a morning run. I can't do it when my flannel sheet are calling me, all snuggly-like.

I hope your headaches are getting better.