Sunday, January 18, 2009

Run 1/18/09

I really didn't like this run. I hated every minute of it. All 19:05 minutes. I didn't realize that it has been almost two weeks since I last ran. And I had valid reasons for not running. I had stomach issues, then got a cold, then it was too cold, then I had female issues (a couple of those issues overlapped each other too). And I don't care what none of y'all say, I'm not running in ridiculously cold weather. No matter which way you slice it, my people are from the equator. And we weren't made for this ridiculousness.

So on to today...it was above freezing and figured I'd venture out. I've been in the house long enough. And when you haven't run, all the sudden you feel fat and out of shape. Neither are true, just all in my head. But I was reminded that it had been a whole 13 days since my last run. Because I'm back to it not feeling easy. I felt slow the whole way. I really should have slowed down because I wasn't going as slow as I felt.

Anyway, I ran without music. Sometimes music can be too complicated. It can take a half hour to figure what I'm even going to listen to. And I didn't feel like having one of those moments. I had enough on my mind to keep me occupied anyway. I've been a Scroogette during the holiday season for good reason. I've got some stuff on my mind. Well, one thing in particular. And this cold weather isn't making it better when I need to be out running and clearing my head.

So maybe, just maybe I'll stop being a wuss and wake up at the crack of dawn to go to the gym. But I hate running on the treadmill. It's too hot in there, so I have to dress like it's summertime. Then I have to spend the time covered in my own sweat with no wind to blow it off. No fun at all. There is, however, an indoor track at the Y that I haven't run on since I've been logging miles and such. It's 18x around for one mile. And I'm not doing all that counting. And the ped attachment thingy for Garmin actually sucks. So there's no good way to measure distance. I'll have to run by time but maybe I can just estimate distance? That will be hard too. If I'm running like a well oiled machine, I can wrap up 3mi at a 9:20 pace. If not, it's around a 9:45 pace. So maybe I could assume I'm running at around 9:30 to calculate distance. Or maybe just go with 9:45? Ideas anyone?

I need to do something though. I used to feel energized after an early morning run. It's the getting up part that's the hardest thing about it. But afterward, I felt like I was ready to start my day. And I could use some early me time. Things are on my mind that need to go away. I haven't made any resolutions yet this year (probably because the holiday season was just so busted). But maybe I should start with putting myself first. I haven't done that, and I really should start. You can't help somebody else if you can't help yourself, right? So maybe, just maybe, one of these days I'll treat myself to some early morning Me Time. We shall see.


Activity
Route:Park
Elev. Avg:29 ft
Location:Willingboro, NJElev. Gain:-20 ft
Date:01/18/09Up/Downhill: [+78/-98]
Time:03:10 PMDifficulty:1.7 / 5.0

Weather:Overcast

36 F temp; 45% humidity

36 F heat index; winds S 6
Performance

Distance: 2.00 miles

Time:0:19:05
Speed:6.3 mph

Pace:9' 32 /mi

Calories:222

Notes
Cool Down = .37mi
No HR monitor (Good thing I left it home. I'm sure it would have been through the roof.)
Elevation (ft)
Pace (min/mile)
Splits
MilePace (min/mile)Speed (mph)Elevation
Gain
actual+/- avgactual+/- avg
19' 33-0' 006.3+0.0-59 ft
29' 31-0' 016.3+0.0+39 ft
end********** ft
Versus average of 9' 32 min/mile
** Insufficient data to calculate this split

Posted from bimactive.com

4 comments:

Laurel said...

"...my people are from the equator. And we weren't made for this ridiculousness."

LOL!

Ugh, it's hard this time of the year to get motivated to get out there. The weather is rough.

Hope you get all that stuff worked out so you can start feeling better soon.

Jess said...

Do you belong to a gym? Running on a treadmill sucks, but it can get the job done when it's cold out.

Mendy said...

Bummer. Sorry it's not been going well for you, but you're right - put yourself first, get yourself better (for you), then all will fall into place.

I hate running on the treadmill too. I used to be an all tm runner, not I'd rather run in REALLY cold weather to avoid the tm.

Good luck to ya, and I hope you get out of the funk.

TNTcoach Ken said...

Just go Old School and run! 18x around if crazy! Don't worry about distance or speed, just get the body in motion.