Saturday, January 24, 2009

Run 1/24/09 and Random Stuff

I set out for 5mi but only did 3. Part of it was because of the weather. I think the weather man or whoever lied. My browser displays the weather conditions and such. It said something like 39° or 40°. Decent running weather, right? It was cold and windy when I stepped out. I immediately turned around to get my jacket. I figured I'd get too hot but I didn't. My fingers never got warm, despite wearing gloves and putting my hands in my pockets. My feet didn't defrost until 2.5mi in. And with the wind in my face, it felt harder than it needed to be.

I don't want to spend too much time talking about this busted ass run. Instead, I'm going to share random thoughts that crossed my mind today...


**My face is frozen and I can't tell if my nose is running. I should have Marcy teach me how to blow snot rockets.

**I wish I could ride my bike, but it's too cold.


**Why is Shoprite always so packed? You would think they were giving something away. And why can't I find a damn basket to carry my food?

**My gas station attendant looks like an elf in a turban. So wrong, but so true. I turned to look and he was looking at me through the passenger side window. The thing is, he was freakishly short and didn't need to bend down to look into the car.

**Why are some people so short? I'm only 5'5" on a good day. I think it's crazy that I can tower over someone at my height.

**Chai and chocolate soymilk make a tasty combination.

**Honey Maid cinnamon graham crackers are my guilty pleasure. I think I'll take them over cookies any day.

**I'm so glad I bought more bread. I can't live without PB&J. I may make a sandwich tonight for dinner instead of cooking.

**I think I'm going to be a Scroogette at least until Spring.

**I'm thankful for my friends, even the ones I haven't met yet.


Activity
Route:Park
Elev. Avg:28 ft
Location:Willingboro, NJElev. Gain:-23 ft
Date:01/24/09Up/Downhill: [+95/-118]
Time:04:06 PMDifficulty:1.9 / 5.0

Weather:Fair

34 F temp; 33% humidity

34 F heat index; winds NW 13 G 23
Performance

Distance: 3.00 miles

Time:0:29:28
Speed:6.1 mph

Pace:9' 49 /miHeart Rate:174 bpm (Avg)
Calories:343
190 bpm (Peak)
Notes
Cool Down = .27mi
Elevation (ft)
Pace (min/mile)
Heart Rate (bpm)
Heart Rate Zones
ZoneRange
(bpm)
Time
In Zone
Distance
In Zone
Zone 5180 - 2000h 13m46% 1.40 mi
Zone 4160 - 1800h 14m48% 1.44 mi
Zone 3140 - 1600h 02m8% 0.25 mi
Zone 2120 - 1400h 00m1% 0.05 mi
Zone 1100 - 1200h 00m0% 0.02 mi
(none)out of range0h 00m0% 0.03 mi
Splits
MilePace (min/mile)Speed (mph)Heart
Rate
Elev
Gain
actual+/- avgactual+/- avg
19' 57+0' 086.0-0.1157-50 ft
29' 47-0' 026.1+0.0179-3 ft
end9' 44-0' 056.2+0.0186+30 ft
Versus average of 9' 49 min/mile

Posted from bimactive.com

6 comments:

Rookie on the Run said...

Ha ha! Snot rockets... I live in San Diego and can only guess what those might be! You're funny!

Jess said...

Well, I'm only 5 foot even. And I'm that short because of genetics. Both parents are short, grandparents are short, etc on down the line.

peter said...

Sometimes you gotta cut a run short. It's in the running another day category. Chocolate soymilk sounds good!

Michelle said...

HAHA your funny!

Your random thoughts make me giggle today!!!

Brooklyn Half Marathon here I (we) come!!!

Laurel said...

I love PB&J. Now I want to make one.

OOOH, and those Graham Crackers with PEANUT BUTTER...my latest obsession.

TNTcoach Ken said...

Practice makes perfect. Start doing those snot rockets.