Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Struggling

It all started with not wanting to get out of bed this morning. I'm so not a fan of the 4:30am thing. Let's see how much longer I keep this up. Anyway, the whole run was a struggle. I felt like I should have been walking the whole time. My body did not want to move. I was supposed to do some fartlek. But I decided that since I was beat and didn't want to be there anyway, I'd just try to get it done. Today's only condition was, "Don't start nothing you can't finish." That meant no walking (like I would have rather done) and no cutting the run short. Negative splits were not a necessity, but would be nice. So I finished with negative splits. And I actually sped up at the very end. That counts for fartlek, right?

I did some yoga tonight. I'm definitely sore from this morning's run, but nothing serious. I needed to stretch it out. I may do some more yoga tomorrow too. I definitely need to get back in the habit. Maybe I'll keep up the early running thing so I'll have time for yoga later. We shall see.

So I have 5 miles planned for tomorrow. Wait, let me edit that. I have 5 SLOW miles planned. And in preparation, I have a date with my bed. I'm beat. Night.

Activity
Route:Track
Elev. Avg:36 ft
Location:Willingboro, NJElev. Gain:+3 ft
Date:06/23/09Up/Downhill: [+3/-0]
Time:05:02 AMDifficulty:1.7 / 5.0

Weather:Overcast with Haze

65 F temp; 80% humidity

65 F heat index; winds Calm
Performance

Distance: 4.00 miles

Time:0:36:12
Speed:6.6 mph

Pace:9' 03 /mi

Calories:440

Notes
Cool Down = .28mi
Elevation (ft)
Pace (min/mile)
Splits
MilePace (min/mile)Speed (mph)Elevation
Gain
actual+/- avgactual+/- avg
19' 27+0' 246.3-0.3+3 ft
29' 04+0' 016.6-0.00 ft
38' 56-0' 076.7+0.10 ft
end8' 44-0' 196.8+0.20 ft
Versus average of 9' 03 min/mile

Posted from bimactive.com

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job for pushing yourself. That is super early!

I've been waking up pretty early to work out too. It feels awesome to get my runs in early!

Jess said...

I wouldn't be a fan of 4:30 am either, so congrats on getting it done!

Unknown said...

You must have ran on the boardwalk. The elevation chart was literally flat as a pancake.

Stuart said...

Yeah I had a couple of snooze moments in the wee hours! Once you're up and at em it all good!