Monday, June 1, 2009

It's been a hot minute

I haven't run since...since. Hold up. Let me think. I ran the 10k on 5/16, then it went downhill from there. I wasn't feeling quite right. Yeah, my old injury. The knee fibula thingy. So I ran 4mi on 5/20. I rode my bike the next day. Then tried for a 2hr long run the Saturday before last. I got about an hour in and had to end it. I made up some mileage that day on my bike. But of course, it's not the same. So as much as I wanted to run the Brooklyn Half (and I debated it up until the very last second), I decided to not chance it. It's not that I can't run. But running that distance when clearly something is wrong is not a good idea. And I didn't want to get into it, hurt myself, then figure out how I'm going to get to the finish (Well, I could have taken a train. I never leave home without my Metro Card). Anyway, I don't believe in running in pain or through pain. Heck, it's rare that I run with sore muscles. A sista likes to be rested. I do better on fresh legs.

So I got plenty of rest. I had not run since the Saturday before last. But then, I went out today. And it was great. It was a fast, hard run. I didn't feel like I was gonna die. I was gonna go for 4, but since I started out fast, I stopped at 3. I like to try for negative splits if I can. Not sure I could have done it with an extra mile. Let's just call it speed work. Short, fast runs make longer, slower runs so much more enjoyable.

So I'm not sure if I'm running tomorrow or if I'll take my bike out. I'm no longer training for a half I will eventually not run, so it doesn't matter. I am, however, running another 10k this weekend. Girls only. I wouldn't mind some hot guys on the sidelines though. A girl can dream, right? Speaking of hot guys, I have a thing for Fernando Verdasco. If you haven't seen him, LOOK.HIM.UP! Hot stuff.

Anyway, I didn't run the Brooklyn Half, but I still made an appearance in Brooklyn. I enjoyed spending time with some runner blogger friends. I wish I could have run with them. Oh well. There will be other races. In the mean time, I have some pictures if you wanna see. Night all.

Ted, Samantha, Me, Michelle, Susan (Michelle's sister)

Susan, Samantha, Me, Michelle

Samantha

Michelle and Cris

Susan

Me and Ted

The bestest raw restaurant EVA!

Raw hempseed burger

Raw Tamales

Raspberry Mojito

Raw mint chocolate goodness along with Michelle's famous peace sign fingers



Activity
Route:Park
Elev. Avg:0 ft
Location:Willingboro, NJElev. Gain:+0 ft
Date:06/01/09Up/Downhill: [+0/-0]
Time:07:14 PMDifficulty:0 / 5.0

Weather:Fair

71 F temp; 33% humidity

71 F heat index; winds SW 8
Performance

Distance: 3.00 miles

Time:0:25:33
Speed:7.0 mph

Pace:8' 31 /mi

Calories:331

Pace (min/mile)
Splits
MilePace (min/mile)Speed (mph)Elevation
Gain
actual+/- avgactual+/- avg
18' 47+0' 166.8-0.2-- ft
28' 30-0' 017.0-0.0-- ft
end8' 15-0' 167.3+0.2-- ft
Versus average of 8' 31 min/mile

Posted from bimactive.com

6 comments:

Jess said...

Sorry to hear that an old injury flared up and had ya sidelined, but glad the extra rest helped and you had such a good 3 miler!

I Run for Fun said...

Sorry about the injury! Glad the rest helped.

Sounds like a great blogger get-together!

Michelle said...

If your speedy and you know it clap your hands!!!

WOO!!

Peach out sista!

Unknown said...

raw hempseed burger ??? I have to try that someday. Hey C - it was GREAT meeting you last Saturday. The sound of your laughter is still echoing in my head. Love it !!! Whew - enough of that vodka, right ? We have to get together again. I would love to run along with you. I will have to take a look at the Philadelphia Distance Run in September. Hmmm !!!!

Cris said...

Well, I'll be on the sidelines. Going to practice my heroic-sports-action-pinup photography skillz.

A Plain Observer said...

Hey, I know Michelle..well, through the blog, that is.
You did the right thing by not pushing an injury.