Sunday, June 28, 2009

I couldn't do it

I just couldn't get up. When my alarm rang at 4:30am, my thought was, you've got to be kidding me. It didn't help that a few minutes before, I had gotten up to go to the bathroom. So while dozing off my alarm rings. Yeah, not happening. I was still tired. I should have gone to bed a lot earlier.

Finally, I woke up at 6:15am. Still pretty damn early. But I didn't get out until about 7am. I had to get my stomach together first. Alright, so I get out there and it takes a while for me to get it together. My breathing wasn't right until about mile 3 or so. But the humidity was taking a toll on me. I just wasn't feeling it. So with that, I stopped at 5 miles, instead of going for 7.

Now, I'm sorta kinda thinking about going to the Y for a swim later. Actually, I want to take swimming lessons at some point. My swimming skills are all tore up. I've never had formal training. It's never too late, right? So right now, I'm sipping on a berry smoothie. I'm thinking I may take a nap, then do the Y thing. We'll see.

Activity
Route:Park
Elev. Avg:26 ft
Location:Willingboro, NJElev. Gain:-62 ft
Date:06/28/09Up/Downhill: [+200/-262]
Time:06:58 AMDifficulty:2.2 / 5.0

Weather:Fair

66 F temp; 83% humidity

66 F heat index; winds N 5
Performance

Distance: 5.00 miles

Time:0:47:19
Speed:6.3 mph

Pace:9' 27 /mi

Calories:555

Notes
Cool Down = .78mi
Elevation (ft)
Pace (min/mile)
Splits
MilePace (min/mile)Speed (mph)Elevation
Gain
actual+/- avgactual+/- avg
19' 46+0' 196.2-0.2-50 ft
29' 30+0' 036.3-0.0+13 ft
39' 24-0' 036.4+0.0-20 ft
49' 22-0' 056.4+0.1+23 ft
end9' 14-0' 136.5+0.1-30 ft
Versus average of 9' 27 min/mile

Posted from bimactive.com

6 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

great job on the run, and I read on your FB that you signed up for swimming lessons! Well done... maybe you'll be bite by the tri bug too :D

peter said...

Five miles in 47 minutes. Pretty darn good! You've come so far. I've been away, are you going to do a tri? I've heard that lessons are the only way you get better in swimming.

A Plain Observer said...

Humidiy was a factor today. Sometimes it's more humid when it's earlier though. I guess the sun dries it off but then you die in the heat!
Yeah, been thinking of swimming lessons myself for about two years...
Why did you want to get up at 4 am?

DawnB said...

when you go to bed early enough its not too bad, it's when you go to bed late and attempt to get up at the crack of dawn. I know from experience. I should be in bed now if I want to be out the door by five

Stuart said...

Don't knock it there are plenty of other folks in bed way beyond after you'd gotten home and showered etc Hi5!

Liz said...

I give you mad props for getting up at 4:30 (and more than once!!).

Any NYRR races scheduled?