Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Taking it easy

I went out with no particular goal in mind. I usually try to set an easy pace for myself. And of course, I have the whole HM training program in place. But today I went out, just pushed Start and ran. My only goal was to run until I heard my favorite song off of today's mix. Good thing the song ended when it did. That's when the right head of the fibula really started to get to me. Actually, I felt it during the whole run, but that's nothing new. I didn't have any knee pain though. But I'm thinking that the head of the fibula and knee issues are related. Good news is that during the cool down walk, every step felt like it massaged the problem area. I was feeling fine on the walk home. What I'm trying to say is that I love the new kicks. They seem to do what they're supposed to do. Heck, I felt the difference once I put my feet in them (they weren't even laced up yet). I'm guessing that I won't feel a thing once I'm all healed up. On that note, I'm going to take it easy for the rest of the week. I'll probably resume my normal training schedule next week.

Things I noticed about the run:

- My hamstrings and buns got a workout. I guess that's what happens when you haven't been on the trails in a while. Okay, so the last time I ran was last Friday. But it feels like forever ago.

- My breathing was better but not completely back to normal. My heart rate was a lot lower than it was last time I ran though.

- I must have zoned out because there's a track I listened to that I've heard a million times. And today was the first time I paid attention to the lyrics. They were R-Rated. Made me blush.

- I didn't check Garmin once.

Anywho, I did some strength training and yoga when I got home. The lunge series and trikonasana felt wonderful on the hamstrings.

Yoga: 30 min
Yoga For Every Body: Hip Mobility


Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:33 ft
Location:Willingboro, NJElev. Gain:-49 ft
Date:01/23/08Up/Downhill: [+75/-124]
Time:04:13 PMDifficulty:1.9 / 5.0

Weather:Fair

40 F temp; 24% humidity

40 F heat index; winds W 10
Performance

Distance: 3.17 miles

Time:0:34:34
Speed:5.5 mph

Pace:10' 54 /miHeart Rate:167 bpm (Avg)
Calories:378
181 bpm (Peak)
Notes
First run in the new sneaks. Much, MUCH better.
Pace (min/mile)
Heart Rate (bpm)
Splits
MilePace (min/mile)Speed (mph)Heart
Rate
Elev
Gain
actual+/- avgactual+/- avg
111' 07+0' 135.4-0.1156-50 ft
211' 00+0' 065.5-0.11690 ft
310' 34-0' 205.7+0.2177+4 ft
end10' 18-0' 365.8+0.3178-3 ft
Versus average of 10' 54 min/mile

Posted from bimactive.com


Strength:

Exercise
SetsRepsWeight
Crunches w/Twist
215

Dumbbell Chest Press
2153.0 lb

Forward Lunges
215

Squats
215

Dumbbell Shrugs
2153.0 lb
Modified Plank
215

Plank
215

Tricep Dips
215

Breakfast: Quinoa (w/cooked apples, raisins, walnuts, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and a bit of soymilk) and a BIG cup of rooibos chai
Snack: Banana
Lunch: PB&J
Snack: Apple and some cantaloupe
Dinner: Tofu cacciatore w/garlic toast
Bedtime tea: Rooibos chai

7 comments:

Jen said...

Tofu cacciatore??? Do share the recipe, please!

DawnB said...

have a good rest christie nice work out

Antoinette said...

What was the track with the naughty lyrics???

Christie said...

Nettie, I couldn't even tell you. Heck, the DJ couldn't even tell you the mix he put together. Mind you, I was talking to him just tonight and I brought it up. He has no idea what mix I have. He has so many. It's a good mix though. It goes from underground hip hop to some afro latin stuff.

Stuart said...

Nice run, glad the news shoes are working out, I am a big Asics fan. If the knee etc is sore you could do worse than just a bag of ice to help reduce the swelling etc

Mmem said...

How cool that you didn't even look @ your Garmin! I am tied to it, would probably go into withdrawal if I didn't look @ mine...must be liberating, though!!! WTG! Great run!

Vickie said...

I'm betting the shoes make a big difference. I always found that when my shoes wore out (midsole-cushioning, nothing visibly noticeable)my knee would start to hurt, right in the middle, and it felt like it would give out or shift or something. As soon as I got some new shoes, it stopped. Hope that happens for you too!