Sunday, January 27, 2008

Not healing fast enough

Again I wasn't checking Garmin. I just ran until my right leg, knee, fibula, joint or whatever the hell it is told me to stop. I would have liked to do 5mi or so, but that's not what happened. I still need to take it easy since I'm not completely healed. I should start checking Garmin to monitor my pace. I think I'm running slow, then I check the stats to see that I'm running a lot faster than I thought. A 12:00/mi is an easy pace for me. It feels like the walking of running. Maybe I should watch closely to make sure I'm doing that. The bad thing is that I hate being outside longer than I have to be.

In other news, I need to concern myself with my caloric intake. No, I do not count calories nor do I diet. But I just thought about the many calories I will not be burning if I can't resume my training as soon as I'd like. This past week, I was due for 8 and 9mi runs. Yeah, so not happening. And I'm not sure when it will happen. In any case, I need to watch my food (as I put it in my mouth). It's not like I eat everything that's not nailed down. But every now and then I want something greasy or I'm making sugar cookies. They are healthy sugar cookies, but still, they're sugar cookies. I just need to be conscious of how much I'm eating during this time. I would hate for my next entry to be about how my pants aren't fitting the way they used to.

Breakfast: Oatmeal w/raisins, cinnamon, vanilla, maple syrup and soy milk
Lunch: Tofu scramble w/salsa, breakfast potatoes and ketchup, and toast w/EB
Dinner: Grilled tofu w/veggies and baked potato w/S&P
Snack: Banana

Music: Erykah Badu Live

Yoga: 30 min
Yoga For Every Body: Flow Series (Sun and moon salutations along w/some other stuff)

Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:35 ft
Location:Willingboro, NJElev. Gain:-53 ft
Date:01/27/08Up/Downhill: [+45/-98]
Time:03:43 PMDifficulty:1.6 / 5.0

Weather:Partly Cloudy

40 F temp; 44% humidity

40 F heat index; winds N 12
Performance

Distance: 2.18 miles

Time:0:22:58
Speed:5.7 mph

Pace:10' 32 /miHeart Rate:160 bpm (Avg)
Calories:257
190 bpm (Peak)
Pace (min/mile)
Heart Rate (bpm)
Splits
MilePace (min/mile)Speed (mph)Heart
Rate
Elev
Gain
actual+/- avgactual+/- avg
110' 31-0' 015.7+0.0133-53 ft
210' 36+0' 045.7-0.0185+4 ft
end10' 06-0' 265.9+0.2188-3 ft
Versus average of 10' 32 min/mile

Posted from bimactive.com


Strength:
ExerciseSetsRepsWeight
Crunches w/Twist
215

Dumbbell Chest Press
2153.0 lb
Forward Lunges
215

Squats
215

Dumbbell Shrugs
2153.0 lb
Modified Plank
220

Tricep Dips
215

6 comments:

DawnB said...

I need to do the same thing
Christie, at least you're thinking about it before its too late.

monicac2 said...

Delurking to say that you are the healthiest eater I've seen in a long time. If you need to watch what you eat, I'm in biiiiig trouble! :)

Tall Girl Running said...

I really enjoy your blog, Christie, and I'm especially impressed with how well you keep all your stats!

Your yoga routine sounds really interesting. I never regret taking time to do yoga but I have to admit I'm getting a little bored with the same DVD so I tend to brush it off more often. Is the program you use a series of DVD's?

peter said...

Rest and get better, Christie. There's always another time for running when you're healthy. There's always another time (as in not this time) for that sugar cookie too. :]

Anonymous said...

That stinks, I'm in the same boat though! You'll be all better soon!

Frank Castiglione said...

How is it feeling? Any better?