Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Just do it

It was cold (31*) and ridiculously windy (18* wind chill). And I went out anyway. I wasn't happy about it. The wind kept taking my breath away, so I had to turn my head to the side. Yeah, it wasn't fun. This was another run I didn't particularly care for. So I made it really, REALLY easy, even on the inclines. I only made an attempt to somewhat challenge myself in the last mile. Oh and I ended up with a sore hamstring. So I did yoga for the first time in weeks. Yeah, I've been slacking and I don't even have a good reason why. I'm just lazy. Oh well. At least this 7 was a smidge faster than the last 7.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that after I did yoga, I got really cold. I started shivering. I mean chattering teeth and everything. I was shaking so much that I had trouble writing. Mind you, I was on an important phone call and was trying to write down some information. Ain't that nice.

Yoga: 30min
Yoga For Every Body: Hip Mobility

Stats:
7.00mi/1:17:48
Avg pace: 11:07/mi
Heart Rate: 175 Avg/186 Max <- Looks like this is back to normal
Calories: 845

1mi @ 11:04
2mi @ 11:04
3mi @ 11:06
4mi @ 11:17
5mi @ 11:10
6mi @ 11:11
7mi @ 10:55

Breakfast: Oatmeal w/the usual fixings
Pre-run: A few swigs of Vitamin water
Post-run: Finished the Vitamin water
Lunch: PB&J and hot tea (to help with the shivering)
Dinner: Smoky grilled tempeh w/veggies and a baked potato
Snack:
Smoothie w/banana, strawberry, blueberry, hemp protein and unsweetened soymilk

5 comments:

urban vegan said...

What dedication! I'm going out this weekend when it warms up.

How do you keep track f your splits? Do you have a running watch?

Happy New Year!

Antoinette said...

Yeah, tea is my best friend these days (when I'm actually running!).

Jen said...

I'm always amazed by your speedy last miles :-)

peter said...

Your times are rock steady. That's the important thing. The steady pace wins the race, I always say. I ran a 10-miler this morning in about 20 degree weather. The creek the race course followed was mostly frozen over except for the middle. It was cold!

turtle tracks said...

Holy crap! Even I think that's too cold to be outside! Good for you!