Monday, January 7, 2008

I am beat

I'm just really tired. I haven't recovered from the 8miler yet. Maybe it has to do with my diet. I burned a lot of calories on Saturday, but I didn't eat everything in sight when I got back. Maybe it's because I'm out of bananas and I feel like I can't have a decent smoothie without them. Maybe it's because I haven't treated myself to rooibus tea today. Or maybe it's because my period is due next week. But whatever it is, I'm not with it. I took a 3-4hr nap yesterday in the middle of the day. And it's not like I dosed off in front of the tv. I turned everything off and made it a point to go to sleep.

I went out today feeling like I just ran yesterday. My legs were still sore. And they were definitely sore after the run. It felt like I ran 5 or 6mi, not 2. I'm definitely going to take it easy on Wednesday. I have 7mi scheduled. It's going to be the slowest 7 ever. Heck, maybe I'll just walk. We'll see.

Music:
Carte Blanche, Vol. 1

Yoga:
25min
Yoga For Every Body: Good Morning

Stats:

2.00mi/19:49min
Avg pace: 9:55/mi
Heart Rate: 172 Avg/189 Max
Calories: 235

1mi @ 10:02
2mi @ 9:47

Breakfast: Cornmeal mush w/flaxseed, maple syrup and unsweetened soymilk (this tastes like Cream of Wheat, but it's a LOT cheaper.)
Lunch: Guacamole w/diced tomato and baked corn tortillas
Snack: Half Clif Builder's bar (mint chocolate)
Dinner: Baked miso tofu w/veggies and baked potato (because I'm too lazy to do anything special with potatoes)

8 comments:

Pokey said...

Sorry your run was tough. Will it make you feel better that your *lousy* splits are better than any mile split I've ever had ~ even in my dreams?? ;)

Chin up....you'll get right back at it in no time!

Christie said...

Thanks, Pokey :)

Mmem said...

I hate tough runs. But they do make us appreciate the good ones we have, right??? The next one HAS to be better, right???

BEST of luck on your 7 miler:-)

Christie said...

5ker, I certainly hope it will get better. I could use an easy run.

Jen said...

I'm officially ordering you to rest and eat everything in sight. Oh, wait, that's what I'VE been doing!!! ;-) But seriously, take it easy for a day or two. You'll feel all springy and ready to go afterwards.

Christie said...

Jen, I was actually thinking of going to the gym tomorrow. I guess I should nix that idea, huh.

Jen said...

You know, I was just thinking about something - have you started taking in some calories during the run? The reason I'm asking is not doing so can affect how you feel the next workout. I've also read that it's important to top off glycogen stores immediately (well, within an hour) of a long effort, in order to be fueled for your next workout. I don't know why all that just popped into my head, but I thought I'd ramble on - just in case it helps :-) Have a great night!

Christie said...

No. I haven't taken anything with me on my runs. I haven't thought much about it since I always eat beforehand. But I guess should get something I can easily carry with me before I'm reporting back about how I passed out in the park.