Friday, January 18, 2008

Slow and Uneasy

I set out for a 12:00 pace. I was a bit faster. I didn't check Garmin until the last mile, so I had no idea how fast I was going. I still couldn't get my breathing under control. It never felt comfortable. See, I thought I was rested, but my body said otherwise. Yep, when I got into the last mile, the outside of my right knee started to bother me. So I slowed down and began putting more pressure on my left leg. My left quad got one heck of a workout today. This bit of trouble tells me a few things. 1) I need to seriously cook something or at least attempt to make a smoothie. Yes, I've neglected my diet because I've just been too tired/lazy to plan a wholesome meal. 2) I need to get my sleep schedule together. I've been jacked up all week. And it doesn't help that the Australian Open started. A lot of the good matches are on at some ridiculous time since they're 14hrs ahead. I plan to watch Roger Federer tonight. Luckily, that match won't be in the wee hours of the morning. 3) I need to stop being lazy and do some yoga. 4) I need to start strength training again although I find it as fun as watching paint dry. 5) I should really get down to the local running store and find some shoes just for me and my issues.

So I haven't even thought about making dinner. Well, I haven't eaten lunch yet, so it will be a minute before I'm doing the dinner thing. But I did do some yoga, and then some squats and lunges. The lunges didn't agree with me. And on that note, I should go make a smoothie.

Yoga: 25min
Yoga For Every Body: Hips, Knees, Ankles and Feet

Strength:
3 x 15 Squats
2 x 15 Forward lunges

Music: ElectricSoul by DJ Lil Dave

Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:33 ft
Location:Willingboro, NJElev. Gain:-36 ft
Date:01/18/08Up/Downhill: [+114/-150]
Time:04:29 PMDifficulty:1.7 / 5.0

Weather:Fair

45 F temp; 38% humidity

45 F heat index; winds W 9
Performance

Distance: 4.00 miles

Time:0:44:57
Speed:5.3 mph

Pace:11' 14 /miHeart Rate:175 bpm (Avg)
Calories:476
190 bpm (Peak)
Notes
Oddly enough, this is the most consistent run I've had. Weird. The knee issue slowed me down in the last mile, so I'm surprised it turned out the way it did.
Pace (min/mile)
Heart Rate (bpm)
Splits
MilePace (min/mile)Speed (mph)Heart
Rate
Elev
Gain
actual+/- avgactual+/- avg
111' 15+0' 015.3-0.0161-56 ft
211' 12-0' 025.3+0.0175+4 ft
311' 12-0' 025.3+0.0181+4 ft
411' 15+0' 015.3-0.0184+14 ft
Versus average of 11' 14 min/mile

Posted from bimactive.com

7 comments:

Jen said...

Ooooh, have fun with your tennis bf, Roger :-)

Those are really cool new data charts you're posting, by the way! Also, good luck at the running store w/shoes - it's truly amazing how the right pair of running shoes can change how you run & prevent injuries.

Christie said...

Roger hasn't stepped on the court yet. It's gonna be a long night :(

Greg On the Run said...

Get thee to the running store. If they're not spending time with you, maesuring checking, watching you run, move on to the next store.

Now that I see the heart rate from your bim post, I want a Garmin, too. Ahh - needs and wants.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Austrailian Open! I hate that it is on at 3am!!

Vickie said...

Well at least your weather is about 50 degrees warmer than ours! Don't be so hard on yourself. If you're tired and feeling run down, you probably need some rest and recovery or just run and don't worry about the time until you do recover.

DawnB said...

you're doing good Christie, I really like the new graphics

Mendy said...

I could sooo have written many of the things you wrote. I really need to do a lot of those things too.

Great run, even though you don't seem happy with it. I think going to the running store will help too. I rely on ours a lot because I have some consistent leg pain when I go over a certain mileage. Good luck with that, and hope it works out.

Like the graphics with the charts, and very clean layed out blog! :-)