Monday, January 21, 2008

No Runs For Me

I've been laying low in the running department. My knee would feel fine, then it wouldn't. I mean it would feel like it's back to normal. Then all the sudden, I can feel whatever it is that's wrong with it. It's like something is out of place and needs to be put back. It's fine again at the moment. I think I'll try running tomorrow in my new kicks.

Yep, I finally went to the Moorestown Running Company on Saturday. They measured my feet, watched me walk, and all that good stuff. I ran around the store and the parking lot. I settled for a pair of Asics Gel Cumulus 9 - Lime. They felt really good. Hopefully my knee will feel good too. **Fingers crossed** Oh yeah, I'm on their mailing list now. They know about all the local races that I don't have to cross a bridge to get to. So maybe I will do a shorter race first. We'll see.

I'm eating better now. I'm planning my meals because I kinda have to. Maybe I'll notice a difference in my knee and my performance when I do finally run. I really hope it's tomorrow. We'll see. So here's my grub for the day...

Breakfast: Quinoa (w/cooked apples, raisins, walnuts, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and a bit of soymilk) and rooibos tea
Snack: Fresh fruit cup
Lunch: Veggie pita w/hummus and tahini sauce, edamame and an orange
Snack: Granola bar
Dinner: Jen's Mustard Crusted Tempeh w/sweet potatoes and swiss chard (The recipe calls for kale, but the selection at the store was looking kinda busted. I'd really like to try kale next time though.)
Late night sweet tooth: Chocolate soymilk diluted w/unsweetened

10 comments:

Jeannie said...

Congrats on your new kicks! I think it's really smart to monitor yourself and give yourself a break when you need to.

And have mentioned lately that the food you eat sounds really yummy!

Topher said...

When I saw the title of your post, I thought "well good for her, no GI issues, but that's kind of a weird thing to start off with." But then I saw you weren't really talking about the runs.

But anyway, my wife and I both wear the Gel-Cumulous 9's and we love them. Hope you love 'em as much as we do.

Marcy said...

Nice new kicks ;D Hope they treat you good ;D

Jen said...

Hey-I'm running in the same shoes! By the way, what size do you wear? It's a long boring story, but in a nut-shell, I got stuck with a pair of 9.5 narrows that are too small for me & I can't return 'em. So... if they fit you, I'd love to be able to pass them on. I only ran about 4 miles in them.

And I think greens are variable in just about all of my "recipes." Good call on the chard. (I feel funny calling some of them "recipes" because they're so simple - but busy people like us need the simple stuff, yeah?)

DiamondPrincess said...

Great looking shoes. I need to invest in a new pair. :)

DawnB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DawnB said...

good luck with your run tomorrow. I hope the new shoes helps>

peter said...

New shoes! New shoes! Such a pretty green! It's like a new car, you have to put a tiny ding in it so you can stop worrying about it. Step in a mud puddle quick and they'll be all ready to go! I have Asics (Foundation series--I have all 7 models!) and I love them.

Frank Castiglione said...

Your food looks so good today! Especially the breakfast, I will need to make that soon.

Have you ever tried foam rolling as a recovery/rehab tool? Google "myofascial release" and "foam rolling". I think it will help a lot with your recovery from running, as well as preventing injury.

Anonymous said...

I have a similar problem with my knee. Somedays it is terrible and others it feels normal than whoops... it is weird again, like twisting weirdness inside. Best of luck with it!