Monday, September 29, 2008

On to new training and such...

So I didn't do the last run of the HM training. Oh well. It's not like I was running an actual HM. I just needed a plan to keep running. And it would be nice to know that I can run a HM if I wanted to.

Now I'm on to Hal Higdon's Winter Training. I don't need to train for something specific. I just need a plan to keep me moving. And It's cool because it goes by time instead of mileage. I'm sure I'll do a better job of pacing myself that way.

Today called for a 15min easy run. Well, I ran not so easy. I started out fast and kept it that way. It still blows my mind that I can run a sub-9:00 anything. Yes, it's a short distance but still it's an improvement. My average pace used to be +/-11:00. My next run will be much slower, believe that. My calf muscles will thank me. They got a serious workout. I stretched and all but they need some more help.

Maybe I'll add a 1.8mi walk to today's numbers. Why 1.8mi? Because that's how far the local bike shop is from my house. Yep, I bought a bike today and I have to go back to pick it up (it's so not fitting in my ride). I blame all of you runners who also blog about biking. It made me miss riding a bike. I was a teenager the last time I seriously road. A couple years ago, I was on a bike and was not comfortable (like I could fall off at any moment). I test road a used Jamis Explorer 3.0 2007 and felt like I could be comfortable again. I loved it. I wanted something that wouldn't feel like actual work (that's what running not so easy is for). I just wanna chillax and possibly burn a couple few calories while I'm at it. Heck, I'm getting older, I need to stay active and this is the perfect way to do it.

Activity
Route:Park
Elev. Avg:32 ft
Location:Willingboro, NJElev. Gain:+0 ft
Date:09/29/08Up/Downhill: [+45/-45]
Time:11:42 AMDifficulty:1.0 / 5.0

Weather:Overcast

71 F temp; 73% humidity

71 F heat index; winds N 8
Performance

Distance: 1.72 miles

Time:0:15:00
Speed:6.9 mph

Pace:8' 42 /miHeart Rate:177 bpm (Avg)
Calories:188
197 bpm (Peak)
Notes
Warm up = .4mi
Cool down = .51mi

A few minutes of stretching and yoga poses afterward.
Elevation (ft)
Pace (min/mile)
Heart Rate (bpm)
Heart Rate Zones
ZoneRange
(bpm)
Time
In Zone
Distance
In Zone
193 - 1110h 00m0% 0.01 mi
2111 - 1300h 00m0% 0.01 mi
3130 - 1480h 00m0% 0.01 mi
4148 - 1670h 02m14% 0.25 mi
5167 - 1850h 08m53% 0.90 mi
(none)out of range0h 05m32% 0.56 mi
Splits
MilePace (min/mile)Speed (mph)Heart
Rate
Elev
Gain
actual+/- avgactual+/- avg
18' 46+0' 046.8-0.0169-30 ft
end8' 35-0' 077.0+0.1189+30 ft
Versus average of 8' 42 min/mile

Posted from bimactive.com

7 comments:

Tall Girl Running said...

I'm seriously envious of your new bike, Christie... it's a beauty! I think you'll love riding it. I've found biking to be such an enjoyable reprieve from running while still giving me enough of a workout that I don't feel like I wimped out. I can already see the benefits to my running as well, which ultimately is what I was after in the first place.

Good luck getting going and have fun! Can't wait to hear how you enjoy it.

Pamela Ann said...

Keep it up, before you know it you will run sub 9's at five mile distance.

Jeannie said...

That bike is a beauty! It's been at least 5 years since I rode--I keep telling myself to start riding again. Since you've inspired me to be a dedicated runner, maybe this is the inspiration I need to biking.

Good luck on the new training schedule!

Laurel said...

You're going to love biking! I have just gotten into it again after not riding for over 20 years! I haven't had a chance to get out there for a ride this week and now I am DYING to go for a ride. I can't wait to hear how you like it.

Great job on the sub 9's too!

carla said...

and the sentence of JUST NEEDING A PLAN TO KEEP YOU MOVING?

thats me.

except Ive never phrased it quite so succinctly.

Miz.

Liz said...

Woo-hoo!! Congrats on the new bike...soon enough you'll be signing up for century rides!! It's like a whole other addiction!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Ha, chillaxin' on your new ride..... Great to think about winter training, that will keep you going forward.