Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Rest, New Kicks and a Good Run

I took off Monday and Tuesday to rest the right head of fibula. Yesterday, I went to the Moorestown Running Company to get fitted for some new kicks. It was a toss up between the Adidas Supernova Sequence and the Mizuno Wave Inspire 4. They both felt really good. So I got both. I figured I could just alternate between the two. It would be better for my injury.

I took the Adidas out for today's 2miler since they matched my pink shirt. They felt wonderful. And my right head of fibula felt completely healed. I doubt that it is, but that's how it felt. I'll still take it easy. I have that HM distance coming up on Saturday. I'm not sure if I'll attempt the distance. Maybe I'll just go for the 10mi that I missed out on last weekend.

Anyway, on to the run. It's been a while since I've run only 2mi. So I don't know if I was excited that the distance was short, or if the new kicks were just that damn awesome, or rest just made me that much better, or if the 2lbs I dropped recently (that will make an appearance again soon) had anything to do with it, BUT it was one fast run (for me). I'm surprised that my first mile was as fast as it was. I checked Garmin in the beginning and saw 8:21. Ain't no way I can maintain that. Let me slow down. And I did but it was still way faster than any first mile I've ever run. Okay so mile 2 comes around, and I tell myself to just breathe. If I can't catch my breath, I've got serious problems and just need to hang it up for the day. I had that issue a few weeks ago. But not today. Today, I say, "Eat my dust, BITCHES!!" LOL.


Activity
Route:Park
Elev. Avg:37 ft
Location:Willingboro, NJElev. Gain:-23 ft
Date:09/24/08Up/Downhill: [+52/-75]
Time:12:20 PMDifficulty:1.4 / 5.0

Weather:Fair

69 F temp; 54% humidity

69 F heat index; winds E 9 G 17
Performance

Distance: 2.00 miles

Time:0:17:27
Speed:6.9 mph

Pace:8' 43 /miHeart Rate:177 bpm (Avg)
Calories:221
195 bpm (Peak)
Notes
Cool Down = .4mi
Elevation (ft)
Pace (min/mile)
Heart Rate (bpm)
Heart Rate Zones
ZoneRange
(bpm)
Time
In Zone
Distance
In Zone
193 - 1110h 00m0% 0.01 mi
2111 - 1300h 00m0% 0.01 mi
3130 - 1480h 00m1% 0.02 mi
4148 - 1670h 02m14% 0.27 mi
5167 - 1850h 05m30% 0.60 mi
(none)out of range0h 09m53% 1.09 mi
Splits
MilePace (min/mile)Speed (mph)Heart
Rate
Elev
Gain
actual+/- avgactual+/- avg
18' 48+0' 056.8-0.1165-52 ft
end8' 38
-0' 056.9+0.0191+30 ft
Versus average of 8' 43 min/mile

Posted from bimactive.com

10 comments:

P.O.M. said...

I love it - EAT MY DUST BITCHES! You're awesome. And new shoes can definately do that for a girl. Remember when you were a kid and you thought new shoes would make you jump higher and run faster? Well, I still believe that.

tfh said...

Nice pace! And very cool that your fibula felt fine. Hopefully the shoes will do the trick. I've had good experiences with Mizunos.

RunGirl. said...

You have so much info about your runs. I am impressed. It puts my little run stats to shame. I like your blog. I will def be back ...

Unknown said...

Great job! I still get surprised when I run under 9 min!!!

Jess said...

Oh, two new kicks! Awesome.

turtle tracks said...

I'm glad your fibula is feeling better. Jealous of your new shoes, too! Now that I got this new job, I'm definitely going to the Portland Running Company to get fitted for new shoes. I'd love to get two pair, but one'll have to do for now. I plan on getting a Garmin eventually, too. What kind do you have? (You told me once, but I've forgotten.)

peter said...

Wow, great time. I've been busy and haven't stopped by for a little while and you get into all this great stuff like dropping weight (as if you needed to!) and running a sub-18 minute two-mile. Nice going! I hope you're injury has healed. Be careful in ramping up the miles again.

Marcy said...

Nothing like some new kicks. YAY!

Michelle said...

Very very nice time Christie!! I'm a bit jealous! But, happy at the same time for you!!

Michelle

Laurel said...

LOL! You get em girl!

I love new shoes. Glad you are feeling better. And nice splits!