Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Run 2/24/09

Went to the Y after work. Got in 45min of running on the indoor track. Nothing else much to report there. I think eventually I'll start running in the morning. The gig will have overtime up for grabs. In that case, running after work won't work out. If only I was a morning person. Actually, if only I took my butt to bed earlier, getting up wouldn't be so hard to do. We'll see how that works.

This week is going to be tough. I know I shouldn't. But at the same time, I've been running for a lil bit now (almost 2yrs), so it may not be a big deal. But I'm going to attempt to make up the two 60min runs I skipped last week. I would like to get my mileage in for the month. If my legs aren't feeling it, I'll just go slower. I don't want to hurt anything. And I've been doing pretty well. The more I run, the better I get. BUT I run better once I've had a rest day in there somewhere. I've adjusted my schedule so that my next rest day is Sunday. We'll just have to see how that works out.

4 comments:

Stuart said...

Sounds like a solid plan! Rest days are as important as training days!

tfh said...

I'm also always trying to find the balance between getting better through rest & running more. Good luck this week.

Jess said...

I have tried to force myself to be a rmongin runner, but it is against the very soul of my being. Only if I'm meeting up with others or have a race can I do it.

Unknown said...

You might want to rest it up because it is going to be a little bit warm tomorrow and Friday(rain??). A perfect time to go out for run.

P.S. Thanks for your prayer. It means a lot to me and my family.