Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Run 2/3/09

I'm doing pretty well with getting my runs in. I haven't missed a run in two weeks. The whole packing a bag thing for the Y is really working for me. How could I not go if I have to pass the exit on the way home? That would just be so wrong. I should be getting some runs in outside soon. It's supposed to be 50° or so on Saturday. And it's supposed to be pretty decent next week. So I won't send hate mail to the ground hog just yet, although it snowed today.

Anyway, the run was pretty good. The more I run (consistently), the better I feel. I feel stronger. And I have an improved body image. Isn't it funny how all the sudden you feel fat and out of shape when you've missed a couple runs? I guess that's what happens when you're lacking in endorphins. And when I start running again, my legs are more toned, my butt looks tighter, my stomach is flatter. I'm sure it's all in my head. Who loses muscle tone in two weeks?

Back to the run...I enjoyed it. I'm really enjoying it. And I've been playing the same album for a week or so now. Usually, I need to switch up. But this album is really working for me. I snap my fingers to certain tracks while running. People probably think I'm crazy, but they'd snap too if they had such good music. When my song comes on, I just pick up the pace with little effort at all. It's just a good feeling. I just hope this continues to feel like this. I've had weeks of busted ass runs. But I'm sure it was my fault for not running consistently. It's almost like starting over when you haven't run for a bit. When you do come back to it, it's always harder than it needs to be. And once you get through that, it's all good. I'm actually looking forward to not hating tomorrow's 60min run. Let's hope it stays like this for a long time.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Glad you've been able to remain so consistent lately! Keep it up.

tfh said...

Yes, may it stay. I totally know what you're saying about the body image thing, too. It's extreme enough so that I can be feeling lousy before a run, come home, hop in the shower, and suddenly feel all beautiful even though NOTHING has changed.

mrjwhit~ said...

Thanks for that great remedy. I will give that a shot tonight.

Run Mommy said...

Don't you just love consistency?? It makes me feel great when that happens. Good luck keeping it going!