Thursday, July 19, 2007

Today, I completed Week 1 Day 2 of C25K. I actually did it in the morning. I didn't think I'd have the energy to do it after how I felt yesterday, but I woke up before my alarm. And I didn't feel too bad, so I figured, why not? I went to the local track and did my thing. I used Robert Ullrey's podcast instead of a stopwatch this time. He has it all set to some techno music that I don't particularly care for. Some tracks were okay. Anyway, you can check it out here.

It was nice not to have to keep my own time, but I did find myself wondering when he'd tell me it was time to walk again. It was tough this time around. But that's because I picked up the pace. It just feels better to go faster and pick my legs up. Man, did it wear me out though. I was thinking I wouldn't catch my breath during the 90sec walk portion in time to jog again, but I did. I guess my lungs are getting stronger. I tried to talk myself into liking what I was feeling. But I found myself saying,"I hate it. I hate it. I hate it." in my head. The funniest part was when I thought the second to last interval was the last interval, and I was on my way to the car. Then I hear him tell me to get ready for the last interval. Boy, that pissed me off, but I did it without stopping. I'm surprised. And I am so glad that I finished. It's good to feel like I've accomplished something.

Here's the breakdown for today.

Music: Robert's Podcast

Snack: Half a glass of OJ (usually I need more than this to do anything strenuous, but it was all good thanks to the iron)

Breakfast: Cinnamon raisin bagel w/soy margarine and decaf hazelnut coffee black (I left my soy creamer at home)

Lunch: Veggie Lo Mein bento box lunch special from Wild Rice (This is a lovely restaurant near my job. It comes with of course the veggie lo mein, steamed broccoli on the side, spring roll - I had a couple bites, small salad with ginger dressing, and miso soup. It's so good.)

Snack: Potato chips and Vitamin Water (again, not my thing, but I grabbed it on my way out the house this morning)

Dinner: Italian marinated tofu (Isa style), with sauteed veggies and a baked potato w/olive oil, salt and pepper (I left my soy margarine at work)

Snack: Strawberry blueberry smoothie

No comments: