Monday, December 3, 2007

6 Miles...Sorta

First off, let me just say that I am feeling so much better. Solid food and I actually became friends again late Saturday night :)

I postponed Sunday's long run until today. I would have run yesterday, but I was out Saturday night. And well, the party doesn't end until 4am. I went to bed around 6:30am Sunday morning. When I did get up to eat (you know you have to wait a couple hours before running), it was too late to be outside, and the Y was closing. So why bother?

I set my alarm for the crack of dawn today (5:30am). I got up, ate oatmeal, then set my alarm again and went back to bed. I wanted to make sure I had a decent meal before attempting 6 miles. When I got up for good, I decided to run at the Y. It was really, REALLY windy. Not cold, just windy. I didn't want to take the chance of being blown off the track or into a tree if I went to the park. And I didn't want my first attempt at 6 miles harder than it needed to be.

I ran on the treadmill. Little did I know that although I didn't set the timer, it automatically starts the cool down after 60min. So I extended the cool down as long as I could and ran through that. I only got in 5.97 miles. I couldn't get in the extra .03 because the YMCA cops wanted to get me off the treadmill. Yeah, I understand. I'd been on there long enough.

Music: Collected by Massive Attack

I really enjoyed listening to this. I will run with this again.

Jog Stats
5.97mi/70min
Avg pace: 11:44/mi
Incline: 1.0
Calories: 705

1mi @ 13:25
2mi @ 12:35
3mi @ 11:38
4mi @ 11:07
5mi @ 11:04
.97mi @ 10:11

I did a bad thing and didn't cool down or stretch. I didn't do yoga either. I didn't have time. I had somewhere to be. Good thing is, my legs feel like I didn't run today at all. I guess it was just a good running day for me.

Breakfast: Oatmeal w/raisins, cinnamon, vanilla, flaxseed, maple syrup and unsweetened soymilk
Pre-run: OJ
Post-run: Chocolate mint Clif Builder's bar
I inhaled this. I was starving when I got done.
Lunch: Broccoli in garlic sauce w/fried tofu and white rice @ The Dragon House in Wildwood
Drinks: Two glasses of Cabernet @ Flip Flops
Dinner: Finished lunch
Snack: Apple

5 comments:

Jen said...

You are most definitely an athlete. No questions about that!

Congrats on the 6-mile run! (That totally counts.) You made me want to play my Massive Attack CD that (for no good reason) has been gathering dust.

Marcy said...

WHOOO HOOOOOOOO on the 6 miler!! You go!!

People actually told you to get off the machine?!?! I guess it's a good thing I don't go to the gym LOL

Stuart said...

I love Massive Attack, if you like that check out Tricky for that low down trip-hop vibe!

Nancy said...

Why do run 8 on the 8th? Because you can and because all the other bloggers are doing it!! :D

Hope you can join us. Stop by my blog for a race shirt. If you run and post about it, stop by and let me know so I can include you in the results. Good luck.

You are rockin! Great run!

DawnB said...

Nice job Christie, there is a sign posted at my Y that says no more than 30mins if someone is waiting. I'm always checking, if there is even one machine free I'm on mine.

Don't say I told you so but there will be a day when 6 miles is your short run :)