Saturday, December 22, 2007

Well that explains it

I spent the whole run telling myself to slow down. I hadn't checked Garmin til about mile 3. So I didn't see what I did until the run was over. Turns out that mile 1 was the fastest mile. That's odd. I always start out slow. At least I try to. I didn't try hard enough today though.

So I went to the park again. I was actually supposed to run tomorrow. But we're expecting thunder showers with temps around 58*. That's not normal for this time of year, but I'll take it. My training schedule is set up for long runs on Sunday. I haven't run on a Sunday since I started the program. Maybe I should just give up on that. I'm always changing my schedule for one reason or another. I'm just glad that this week was a light one. Running two days in a row isn't an issue when there's no major mileage involved. Mileage is going back up next week, so I'll definitely need my rest days. Anyway, here are my broke down numbers...

Music: Blowout Comb by Digable Planets (I wore this album out in college)

Stats:
4.00mi/41:28min
Avg pace: 10:22/mi
Heart Rate: 179 Avg/191 Max
Calories: 478

1mi @ 10:04
2mi @ 10:21
3mi @ 10:33
4mi @ 10:28

Breakfast: Oatmeal w/cinnamon, raisins, vanilla, flaxseed and unsweetened soymilk
Snack: Apple w/peanut butter
Post-run: Chocolate soymilk diluted w/unsweetened soymilk
Lunch: PB&J
Dinner: VWAV Italian marinated tofu w/steamed collards and baked potato w/S&P and olive oil

6 comments:

Jen said...

Dang! FAST run today :-)

Marcy said...

Awesome run chica! ;D ;D

I'm usually the same way also (start off slow) Go figure, huh? hehe

Antoinette said...

I have a bad habit of starting off too fast, but I've been getting better at not doing it.

Your meal listings makes me feel like a slug. I must. do. better.

DawnB said...

another good day. very nice 4 miler.

peter said...

Nice steady pace on your back 3, your first mile was just a release of pent-up energy. Negative splits are good but I can't do it myself (I always tire and I have no patience to go slow in the beginning) but I think steady splits are actually the key. Next time you make that meal, can I come over for dinner please?

Frank Castiglione said...

Hi Christie! Would you mind checking the videos again, I just updated. My first time doing this so want to make sure they work. Thanks and happy holidays!