Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Quick Christmas Run

I was scheduled for a short one today. I don't know how but it was the shortest run ever. It was a sub 10:00 pace. What in the world? Merry Christmas to me, I guess. I'm scheduled for 6mi on Thursday. Best believe I will take it a lot slower.

In other news, Nancy, a wonderful race director, is planning another race. We're going to do the 9 on the 9th virtual race. I'm really excited about this one. I'm actually scheduled for a 10mi long run that weekend. Feel free to join us.

Anyway, so far I've had some oatmeal and part of a not-so-sweet apple. Yeah, I couldn't finish it it was so bad. I really need to make a smoothie. I'll leave you all with my numbers. Oh and Happy Christmahanakwanzaka! And if you're not celebrating anything, just have a good day :)

Music: Future Listening by Towa Tei

Stats:
2.00mi/19:24min
Avg pace: 9:42/mi
Heart Rate: 180 Avg/194 Max
Calories: 234

1mi @ 9:44
2mi @ 9:40

5 comments:

Jen said...

Whoo-hooo! Look at you go!

Happy Christmahunnakwanzakah to you, too! I spent the day skiing and now I'm exhausted and want to take a big nap but it's Xmas dinner time... must... stay... awake...

Can't wait to read about the 9-mile adventure!

Christie said...

Yeah, I'm still surprised. I guess the planets are aligned today.

I hope you don't have to cook after all that skiing. That's one heck of a workout.

turtle tracks said...

Kudos on the niner! I couldn't run yesterday because it snowed! It never snows here! And it's snowing today, as well. Probably tomorrow, too. I'm going to see about bringing my sister's treadmill up here this weekend. It's not ideal (rather be on the track), but it's better than not running at all. Happy Holidays!

peter said...

A quick 2-mile run, good job. Often I run a quick mile when I don't have time for anything else or it's raining or something. I call it my "speed" work. Out the door, and eight minutes later I'm back, chest heaving but done and I've gotten my heart rate up and worked on my speed. You have to force yourself to keep your pace in short sharp runs like that. They're not the ultimate answer but it keeps your hand in. It works for me.

DawnB said...

pretty darn speedy if you ask me nice job!!