Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Quick One

I was only scheduled for 2mi today. It was chilly and damp, and I just wanted to get it over with as soon as possible. So I ran faster than usual. I figured my heart rate would be through the roof since I was breathing through my mouth the whole time. But it was kinda low. I still don't get the heart rate thing. Anyway, here goes...

Music: Electric Soul mixed by DJ Lil Dave

Stats:
2.00mi/20:58min
Avg pace: 10:29/mi
Heart Rate: 120 Avg/167 Max
Calories: 237

1mi @ 10:47
2mi @ 10:11

Nothing much to report on food. I've only had a granola bar today. I really need to jump on that. I'm starving.

8 comments:

Pokey said...

Great run Christie!!!!!

Christie said...

Thanks, Pokey:)

DawnB said...

nice run christie. you did find with the breathing its ok to breath through the mouth you bring more oxygen to the lungs that way, believe me when you start racing you'll hear all kinds of breathing.

Christie said...

Dawn, it's weird because when I tried breathing through my mouth months ago, it was uncomfortable and I'd just get a dry mouth. It's more natural to me now though.

Stuart said...

Check out Total Heart Rate Training by Joe Friel it will help unravel the HRM thing.

Mmem said...

What a pace!!! Woo hoo! Now eat something, lol!

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

I bet your heart is getting better with all that running - it was saying - "2 miles, geesh, that's nothing." :}

Frank Castiglione said...

I agree with Amy. That means you are getting in great shape!