Saturday, December 15, 2007

I need some rest

Okay, so no snow tomorrow, but we're expecting LOTS of rain. So I ran again today. The run was harder than it needed to be. That's because I could have used a rest day after the 5miler. Mind you, I ran yesterday around 1pm, then again today at 7:20am. So, yeah, definitely not enough rest time there.

Miles 1 and 2 were fine. It didn't take me long to warm up. Potty break in mile 3. I felt a little weird after the break. I wasn't exactly dizzy, but I'm thinking I was lightheaded. Stopped at the car for a water break in mile 4. In mile 5, I started to feel soreness in the bone below my right knee (head of the fibula). I've had that before, but only after a run. But I'm always good to go after a day of rest. Mile 6 was a blur. Finally mile 7, I couldn't wait for the run to be over. I finished the last mile on the path around the pond.

So now that I'm done, both fibula heads are sore. I think I'll do some yoga later. But I need to rest first. No runs til Tuesday.

Music: Lazy Dog by Jay Hannan and Ben Watt

Stats:
7.00mi/1:19:15
Avg pace: 11:19/mi
Heart Rate: 172 Avg/183 Max
Calories: 828

1mi @ 11:54
2mi @ 11:09
3mi @ 11:12
4mi @ 11:12
5mi @ 11:30
6mi @ 11:24
7mi @ 10:54

Pre-run: OJ
Breakfast: Oatmeal w/raisins, cinnamon, vanilla, maple syrup, flaxseed and unsweetened soymilk (only made 1/4 cup worth of oatmeal this time)
Brunch: Last piece of pizza from yesterday
Lunch: PB&J and an orange
Early Dinner: Tofu cacciatore w/garlic toast
Snack: Chocolate mint Clif Builder's bar
Late Dinner: Tempeh burger w/broccoli (because I just can't stop eating today)

5 comments:

Neese said...

excellent splits!

Vickie said...

Christy, great job on the run! You one upped me today because I only had the energy to swim. I'm hoping for 6 tomorrow--on the treadmill again because the weather here has turned UGLY!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your perseverence! I just started running a month ago, and still can only run 1:30 minutes at a time. Your experience is very encouraging. Keep up the good work and take care of that knee. (BTW I found your blog thru KR).

DawnB said...

congratulations on another long run. Nice job. sonds like a days rest will do the trick for the knee.

Antoinette said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!

You are doing awesome over here! :)