Thursday, December 27, 2007

Pace Yourself

Neo-soul was today's distraction of choice. I picked music that I like to sing to. You know, music with lyrics that I actually pay attention to. That should slow me down a bit. I set out for 6mi at 11:00/mi. I figured that should be about right given my progress these days. That's kinda what I did without trying. The last time I ran 6mi I was a lot slower. It's amazing to see how quickly I've improved now that I've been running some decent mileage. Hmm, I just checked the Smart Coach training schedule. Apparently, today was supposed to be a 6mi tempo run with 4mi @ 11:00. Go figure. I nixed the tempo runs and speed work in the beginning. It's just good to see my speed improving without it.

Music: Who is Jill Scott? Words and Sounds, Vol. 1 by Jill Scott

Stats:
6.00mi/1:05:16
Avg pace: 10:53/mi
Heart Rate: 178 Avg/189 Max
Calories: 719

1mi @ 11:06
2mi @ 10:42
3mi @ 10:58
4mi @ 10:55
5mi @ 10:52
6mi @ 10:41

Breakfast: Oatmeal w/the usual (raisins, cinnamon, vanilla, flaxseed, unsweetened soymilk and maple syrup)
Lunch: Smoothie w/banana, strawberry, blueberry, hemp protein, and unsweetened soymilk
Dinner: Pakistani dahl w/basmati rice
Snack: Apple w/peanut butter
Late night snack: Edamame

2 comments:

DawnB said...

you are doing great and getting faster and faster. Very nice 6 miler. keep it up.

Christie said...

Thanks, Dawn. I guess pretty soon I'll be running twice a day like you.