Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Change of Plans

I was supposed to do some speed work today, 2x1600 @ 10:24/mi. Well, I was pretty close on the first go round in Mile 2 @ 10:26/mi. But after the recovery jog, my body wasn't up for speeding up again. Oh well. I haven't been running long enough to incorporate tempo and speed work yet. So I'm going to nix that idea for now and just run the scheduled mileage easy. If anything, I'll use the short runs to work on speed.

Music: Dummy by Portishead

Jog Stats
5mi/58:35min
Avg Pace: 11:43/mi
Heart Rate: 162 Avg/185 Max
Calories: 550

1mi @ 12:29
2mi @ 10:26
3mi @ 11:59
4mi @ 12:01
5mi @ 11:38

Yoga: 25min
Yoga For Every Body: Hips, Knees, Ankles and Feet

Breakfast: Tofu scramble w/breakfast potatoes and hemp toast w/Earth Balance
Pre-run: OJ
Lunch: The healthiest sugar cookies ever and hot tea w/turbinado sugar and unsweetened soymilk
Dinner: Stir fry veggies in miso tahini sauce and brown rice sprinkled w/sesame seeds
Snack: An apple and a smoothie w/banana, strawberry, blueberry, flaxseed and unsweetened soymilk

2 comments:

Jen said...

mmm. healthiest sugar cookies ever :-) i ran into a friend downtown today and she got all excited because she had some vegan cookies in her bag (she's not a vegan) and made me try one. she warned me, they taste kind of, um, healthy. i said that was a good thing because it means they can be eaten for breakfast :-) they were the oatmeal raisin cookies from veganomican... super tasty.

Christie said...

You know, I haven't tried any sweets recipes from Veganomicon yet. I'm gonna try and keep it that way. Isa and Terry make some darn good stuff, and I need not get addicted.