Friday, December 21, 2007

Fueled By Cookies

Check out this video: Family Guy - Cookie Monster Rehab



Add to My Profile | More Videos

I didn't sleep well Wednesday night. That turned into yesterday's headache for a good portion of the day. So I put off the run til today. But I did feel well enough to make a healthy batch of sugar cookies, lighted dusted with Ghirardelli sweetened cocoa. And I ate LOTS of them. I can't blame it on the holiday season. I'm not a fan of the holidays anyway. I just wanted some cookies.

Today's run was done in a new hoodie/jacket and injinji socks from REI. I love, LOVE the jacket. There are pockets everywhere to carry whatever I want. I would post a link, but it's no longer available (probably due to the awesome sale). The socks took some getting used to. My feet were fine by the time I started running though. No, I'm not trying to be an uppity runner now. I'm actually getting blisters between my toes and I figured the socks would help. The run wasn't as comfortable as I wanted it to be but I got it done. Not too shabby considering the amount of cookies I ate last night.

Stats:
3.00mi/31:09min
Avg pace: 10:23/mi
Heart Rate: 179 Avg/191 Max
Calories: 356

1mi @ 10:33
2mi @ 10:26
3mi @ 10:10

Breakfast: Hot chocolate soymilk and oatmeal w/cinnamon, raisins, vanilla, flaxseed and unsweetened soymilk
Pre-run: Cashews
Post-run: More hot chocolate
Lunch: Quinoa w/steamed broccoli sprinkled w/braggs and garlic powder

8 comments:

Jen said...

Are those the much-blogged about "sexy toe socks" from The Athena Diaries? I've always wondered about them...

And thanks. Now I totally want to make cookies. Well, not make cookies, so much as eat them.

Christie said...

Yes, they are the sexy toe socks. I read about them on someone else's blog too. So I figured I'd give them a try.

You know, I'm surprised I haven't had a cookie yet today. I guess that means I can eat them for breakfast tomorrow :)

peter said...

Pockets are always good. The sox seemed pricey, but if they eliminate your blisters, they're priceless. That's why we run, so we can eat whatever we want and in the quantity we...well, not in the quantity we want, but in the quantity we do. More nice negative splits. Your getting faster. Have a happy holiday.

Greg On the Run said...

I noticed you didn't list the cookies in your food diary. Hmmm...

DawnB said...

Very pricey indeed. I would like to recommend Dr Scholl's blister guard arch supports. I love them. I started using them about 2 years ago. I swear by them. And the nice thing two for $4.99. I have'nt had any foot problems since I've been wearing them with my Brooks GTS. It's a wonderful thing when you've found the right shoe/sock combo.

hope you enjoyed the cookies. :)

Antoinette said...

Those cookies sound delish! *drool*

Frank Castiglione said...

LOL at the cookie monster clip. Very funny!!! Thanks, I needed it!

Topher said...

Hey Christie, I got a pair of the socks a few weeks ago from www.MoabSports.com and got them for around $8 a pair with free shipping. I'm getting used to them, too, and found them to be a little short. They creep my wife out, but so far no blisters so I'll keep wearing them.

Welcome to the Runners' Lounge, by the way.
Topher
www.illrunfordonuts.blogspot.com