Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Week 8 Day 1

Yoga: 30min
Yoga For Every Body: Hip Mobility

My thighs welcomed this routine. They were tight and my right quad was sore from Sunday's run.

Music: The Michael Baisden Show on WDAS

I really wasn't in the mood for much music. Mike is entertaining and makes me laugh too. I found myself laughing on the track.

Jog Stats
30min/2.68mi
Avg Pace: 11:12/mi
Heart Rate: 116 Avg/146 Max
Calories: 320

This is my best pace yet. I'm surprised because it was 51* (cold in my book) and very windy. I had to run through the wind. So how my pace increased is beyond me. I felt like I was slower. I'm really not understanding the heart rate thing. I did concentrate on breathing. I guess that played a role, but it's still weird that my heart was barely beating. Oh well.

Here's today's grub...

Breakfast: Cereal w/raisins and unsweetened soy milk
Pre-run: Fruit & nut granola bar
Post-run: Chocolate soy milk diluted with unsweetened soy milk (It's just too sweet for me now)
Lunch: Leftover black beans w/tempeh, brown rice and broccoli
Dinner: Leftover soba noodles w/tofu in miso tahini sauce w/broccoli and swiss chard sprinkled with sesame seeds(Good eats)
Late night snack: Sugar cookies (I baked another batch tonight. I subbed half the oil for apple sauce. They seemed too oily the first time I made them.)

1 comment:

Jen said...

Laughing while running - I think that counts as an Abs workout!