Sunday, November 4, 2007

100th Post

I'm surprised it's my 100th post already. I really don't chit chat this much in person. I'm more of a listener. Anyway, I've been away from here for a bit. I've been out and about. My friend, Nisa, is in town from Minneapolis, and I've been running all over the place ever since her arrival. I've been all over Jersey, Philly, and I went to NYC. I had to put off Friday's run til today and didn't get a chance to blog Wednesday's run til now. So here goes...

Week 7 Day 2 on 10/31/07

Jog Stats
34min/2.95mi
Avg Pace: 11:30/mi
Heart Rate: 176 Avg/186 Max
Calories: 347

I sped up towards the very end. First I thought, what was I thinking? Then it started to feel better. My best pace was 6:22/mi. Of course that didn't last long.

Week 7 Day 3 on 11/4/07

Music: Nude Dimensions, Vol. 1 mixed by Miguel 'Migs'

Jog Stats
45min/3.93mi
Avg Pace: 11:26/mi
Heart Rate: 172 Avg/191 Max
Calories: 458

Today was the best run ever. My longer runs usually average around 12:00/mi. Well not today. I started out slow then picked the pace up. It took a bit to get warmed up. My pace in the first 18min ranged from about 11-14:00/mi. After that, my pace ranged from 10-12:00/mi. I'm just glad that my average pace is in line with a short run day. I guess that means I'm getting better at this. At least I hope I am. I got into a groove and I don't think it had anything to do with my choice in music. I don't know. I had a couple things on my mind, nothing major. But enough to keep my mind occupied. I'll ponder the meaning of life for my 60min run. Well, the best part about today's run is that at no point did I feel like I was overdoing it. I could have gone longer. I may run tomorrow. I really don't feel like extending my week through Saturday. We'll see.

On to Week 8...Run 30 minutes, 36 minutes , 49 minute Weekly total: 115 minutes

6 comments:

Marcy said...

HAPPY 100th POST!!! WOw girl you're flying with the posts :-) Looks like you got some good runs in too! ;D

urban vegan said...

Yes--happy 100th.

As for running, you have good days and bad days. My husband and I went running together yesterday; only problem was he was having a bad day and I was having a good one...it's so much nicer when our "good" days sync up.

Christie said...

You're so lucky to have someone to run with.

DawnB said...

always fun to hang out with a girlfriend!! nice work out.

Anonymous said...

congratulations for the 100th post! keep up the good work! my ankle is all better and the morning comes earlier, so i'm gonna resume running this week - thank you for the inspiration!

Christie said...

Aww, thanks. I was wondering how you were doing. Just take it slow and ease back into it.