Friday, November 9, 2007

Week 8 Day 3

Today was a good run. I started out smiling. I was thinking, I'm going to be 31 tomorrow, and I feel great. I've always been healthy, but I've never been fit. I've never had a weight issue, so people assumed that I was active when I was the furthest thing from it. I've never been athletic. Never played a sport in high school. I was in a million clubs and sang in a couple choirs instead. So being physically active was never me. Maybe things would have been different if I wasn't anemic. Who knows? All I know is that I'm more active than I've ever been and I like it. It just gets better from here. I can't wait to start half marathon training. I think it's time to rename my blog.

Yoga: 40min
Yoga For Every Body: Going With The Flow Of Life

I picked a routine from the intermediate section of the DVD. I just felt like doing a new sequence. It was all good. Nothing was too hard for me. If anything, I'm improving on a lot of things.

Jog Stats
49min/4.24mi
Avg Pace: 11:33/mi
Heart Rate: 172 Avg/184 Max
Calories: 501

Yoga: 25min
Yoga For Every Body: Hips, Knees, Ankles and Feet

Yep, I did more yoga after my run. I didn't stretch afterwards, so I figured I'd do yoga instead.

Breakfast: Oatmeal
Snack: Fruit & Nut granola bar
Lunch: PB&J and hot tea w/soy creamer
Snack: Bolthouse Green Goodness juice
Dinner: Amy's black bean enchiladas w/steamed kale

I never do tv dinners but I'm going out tonight and have no time to cook a full meal. I had such a hard time finding the most healthy packaged meal. Is that an oxymoron? Anyway, I'm a BIG label reader and it wasn't easy.

6 comments:

Marcy said...

HAPPY (EARLY) BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have a fabulous day!! Any big plans?

Christie said...

Thanks Marcy. I'm surprised you're awake:) I'm going out tonight and tomorrow night for lots of dancing.

Christie said...

Thank you :)

Nancy said...

I remember 31!! Vaguely!! hee hee. Have a great time. Nice splits, too. I love it when it's a great run.

I am working on maybe getting tshirts for 8 on the 8th. Even if you can't do eight you can get a shirt. Or you could probably do 4 on two days if you want. We aren't strict :P

Jen said...

Happy (now belated) birthday! Hope you had a great weekend. And you are FAR FAR FAR from a couchpotato, for sure.

Frank Castiglione said...

Yes, rename the blog!!!