Wednesday, July 16, 2008

1 Year Runniversary

A year ago today I started the Couch to 5k program. It's amazing how far I've come since then. Really, I have. A lot of people who start running used to run before or played sports or was somewhat active at some time in their lives. But that's not my story. I've never run because I just couldn't being born anemic and all. I'd get winded before I could really get started. Heck, I couldn't bare the elliptical trainer for more than 5 minutes. And no, I've never played a sport unless I was in gym class. So going from a true couch potato to someone who is capable of running 8 miles is a huge accomplishment. Of course, I can't run 8 miles today (because I need to get my mileage up again), but I will soon. I'm working on it.

Oh, that reminds me. Today was yet another personal record. I had my fastest 3miler at 28:35 and my fastest mile at 8:57. 8:57?!?!?! Seriously, I don't know how it happened especially since I got my period today. I took some ibruprofen before the cramps could even get started. Otherwise, I'd never get started. But still, I'm usually tired and have a headache. And just so you know, ibruprofen doesn't work on my headaches. So that was my morning. I don't know. There must be something in the water. Oh and another good thing about today..the scale dipped below 140 for the first time in ages (like junior high school ages). It won't stay there for long with all the bloat I'm due, but still, it's a good way to start the day. AND my dress pants have been kind of loose these days. So maybe I'll be in a 4 by the end of the summer? I don't know..wishful thinking. Anyway, happy running, everyone.

Morning:
Chocolate soymilk w/ibruprofen
Strawberry blueberry banana smoothie w/soymilk and hemp protein
Coconut chai breakfast cupcake

Afternoon:
Susan V's banana coffee cake
A plum
Raw walnut pesto zucchini pasta w/diced tomato


Activity
Route:3mi Park RunElev. Avg:35 ft
Location:Willingboro, NJElev. Gain:-42 ft
Date:07/16/08Up/Downhill: [+59/-101]
Time:08:02 AMDifficulty:1.5 / 5.0

Weather:Fair with Haze

70 F temp; 84% humidity

70 F heat index; winds Calm
Performance

Distance: 3.00 miles

Time:0:28:35
Speed:6.3 mph

Pace:9' 32 /miHeart Rate:172 bpm (Avg)
Calories:334
194 bpm (Peak)
Notes
Cool Down = .61mi
2x15 Crunches w/Twist

2x15 Forward Lunges

2x15 Squats

2x15 Hip Flexor

3x15 Dumbbell Chest Press


Elevation (ft)
Pace (min/mile)
Heart Rate (bpm)
Heart Rate Zones
ZoneRange
(bpm)
Time
In Zone
Distance
In Zone
193 - 1110h 00m0% 0.01 mi
2111 - 1300h 00m2% 0.06 mi
3130 - 1480h 02m8% 0.22 mi
4148 - 1670h 05m18% 0.51 mi
5167 - 1850h 12m42% 1.30 mi
(none)out of range0h 09m31% 1.00 mi
Splits
MilePace (min/mile)Speed (mph)Heart
Rate
Elev
Gain
actual+/- avgactual+/- avg
110' 11+0' 395.9-0.4153-52 ft
29' 24-0' 086.4+0.1179+26 ft
38' 57-0' 356.7+0.4188-19 ft
end********194** ft
Versus average of 9' 32 min/mile
** Insufficient data to calculate this split

Posted from bimactive.com

6 comments:

Jeannie said...

Congratulations on your one-year anniversary! And your steady stream of PRs is great.

And you wrote "There must be something in the water." - Nope. There's something in you -- a strong, efficient heart plus some great leg muscles. And plenty of hemoglobin.

May your second year of running be great. And keep doing those pushups. Now that the smoke has cleared from my part of the country, maybe I can get out and run some more.

Again, CONGRATULATIONS!

sneakersister said...

Congratulations!!! One year is a big deal. Keep up the awesome work. You'll be at 4 miles before summer's end. I'm sure of it.

tfh said...

Happy runniversary. Sounds like you're only getting faster!

DawnB said...

congratutlations, and a very happy year anniversary. That is a great PR!! you're doing great.

TNTcoach Ken said...

Wow, this is some great stuff and happy runniversary! You are doing amazing, keep up the good work.

tavolini said...

Congratulations!

I've been a silent reader of your site for a while--my blog doesn't focus on running, but yours has definitely inspired me to keep pushing!

Keep up the good work and keep writing :)