Saturday, July 19, 2008

It's hot out there

My plan was to get up early enough to beat the heat. That so didn't happen. I was tired. I got up around 8am and still didn't get as much sleep as I would have liked. So I opted for some coffee. Iced coffee actually. It's too hot to drink hot stuff. I'd be miserable. I wasn't ready to leave the house until around 10:30am but of course it was just too darn hot by that time. So I took myself to the Y. I don't go often enough anyway. Might as well get some of my money's worth. The run wasn't bad. I was actually near a fan, so that made it much MUCH better. I just hate running indoors. You can never get away from your own sweat. Anyway, the best part about today's run was out running the young guy (late teens maybe) on the treadmill next to me.

On to push ups...I completed Week 3 Day 3. Honestly, I didn't think I could. I haven't looked at Week 4 yet. I'm sure it's every bit as intimidating as Week 3. We'll just have to see if my little arms will hold up. If not, it will be Week 3 Round 2.

Morning:
Iced coffee w/chocolate soymilk

Afternoon:
Finished the last of lasagna w/garlic toast
Chocolate soymilk

Evening:
Smoothie w/strawberry, blueberry, banana, soymilk and hemp protein
Tings
Raw zucchini pasta w/pesto and diced tomatoes
Vanilla snaps

Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:0 ft
Location:--Elev. Gain:+0 ft
Date:07/19/08Up/Downhill: [+0/-0]
Time:11:00 AMDifficulty:1.7 / 5.0
Performance

Distance: 4.00 miles

Time:0:39:28
Speed:6.1 mph

Pace:9' 52 /miHeart Rate:173 bpm (Avg)
Calories:422
192 bpm (Peak)
Notes
Incline = 1.0
1mi @ 10:39
2mi @ 9:51
3mi @ 9:38
4mi @ 9:20
Cool Down = .25mi
Girl Push Ups = 80

Posted from bimactive.com

7 comments:

turtle tracks said...

"You can never get away from your own sweat."

That's so true! Good job on outrunning the youngster. I keep meaning to try the push up challenge but ... I'm lazy. And also not strong enough yet to do regular push ups.

Neese said...

hehhe way to beat the boy @ the Y! And we love to make smoothies, I've never heard of "hemp protein
Tings" I will have to look into that!

Stuart said...

80 push ups, holy smokes girl your gonna have some guns come the end of week 4!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Looks pretty impressive to not want to workout. Good job on beating the kid!

Jess said...

I too liked the "you can never get away from your own sweat"! It slayed me.

Good job sticking with the push up challenege. I need to resume my challenge -- kinda took an unintentional break from it.

tfh said...

Yeah, I hate running indoors too...but "beating" someone younger (and male) on another treadmill would definitely make it worthwhile!

Mmem said...

Those are awesome splits on your tm workout! I hear you, the heat is brutal right now in the North East!

WTG on PU W3! I am about to commence W3 tomorrow (I lagged behind a bit and had a week and a half long W2:-( ), bravo!