Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What in the world?

So today was a 2mi record for me (again with no music). I swear I wasn't trying. For the most part, my thought was, "Let me just get this over with." It was pretty warm and I just wanted to eat my dinner. Also, I ended up running my fastest mile to date at 9:21. Seriously, totally not expected. I'm done with records for the month. My period is due soon. And we all know how everything goes out the window during that time.

As far as push ups go, I tried Week 3 Day 2 just to see if I could make it through. And you know what? I did. I still can't believe that I didn't have any soreness from the other day. I'm sure it will be a different story in a few weeks when I start over doing real push ups. But first, I need to get through Week 3 Day 3. Wish me luck.

Morning:
Coconut chai breakfast cupcake

Afternoon:
Chickpea-hijiki salad sammich and a plum
Peanut butter crackers and a banana

Evening:
Chocolate soymilk (post-run)
Leftover lasagna w/garlic toast (I swear it tastes better every day. I made THE BEST pasta sauce ever.)


Activity
Route:2mi Out and BackElev. Avg:60 ft
Location:Willingboro, NJElev. Gain:-3 ft
Date:07/15/08Up/Downhill: [+85/-88]
Time:06:29 PMDifficulty:1.8 / 5.0

Weather:Fair

88 F temp; 29% humidity

86 F heat index; winds Calm
Performance

Distance: 2.00 milesGoal:2 miles in
21:00 duration
Time:0:19:17
Speed:6.2 mphAttained:96%
Pace:9' 39 /miHeart Rate:173 bpm (Avg)
Calories:221
190 bpm (Peak)
Notes
Girl Push Ups = 73
Cool Down = .15mi
Elevation (ft)
Pace (min/mile)
Splits
MilePace (min/mile)Speed (mph)Elevation
Gain
actual+/- avgactual+/- avg
19' 53+0' 146.1-0.1-23 ft
29' 21-0' 186.4+0.2+20 ft
end********** ft
Versus average of 9' 39 min/mile
** Insufficient data to calculate this split

Posted from bimactive.com

4 comments:

Marcy said...

AWESOME ON THE SPEED! And you GO with the Week 3! Whoot!

P.O.M. said...

Good luck with the pushups!!!

I swear most Italian food - pasta, spagetti, lasgna is always better on day 2. And I even like it cold.

Vickie said...

Great job on the pushups. They get harder, I'll tell you that, but who says we have to do it in 6 weeks? And great job on your run. You are getting faster and stronger all the time. I'm guessing the pushups are helping with that too.

tfh said...

Hey, I just found your blog through completerunning and am excited that it looks like you're using the same half marathon training plan I am. You also make me want to steal your meals. Yum.