Monday, July 7, 2008

Snackin' and Runnin'

Today's food was not good. It started out okay. I had some watermelon this morning. But I didn't have enough time to make a sandwich for lunch. So I packed my lunch bag with snacks to get me through the day. The snacks included peanut butter crackers, a banana, vanilla snaps, Tings and water of course. So that's what I munched on during the work day. When I came home, I sort of made up for my diet debacle with hummus and tomato on toast. In any case, I had not eaten enough protein (I really need more protein bars for days like this). And then I went to the Y to run. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be given today's snacks (non-meals). For the most part, I was sore from those damn lunges. They always work my buns pretty good. I'm sure the hip flexor exercise had something to do with it too. Good thing is that I don't feel any effects of the push ups. I guess my body is getting used to it. I start Week 2 tomorrow.

Well, I'm craving chocolate (soy)milk yet again tonight. So I'm gonna handle that. And in case you're wondering, I did eat a decent dinner: Broiled tofu, sauteed kale and baked potato w/olive oil S&P.

Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:0 ft
Location:--Elev. Gain:+0 ft
Date:07/07/08Up/Downhill: [+0/-0]
Time:07:30 PMDifficulty:1.5 / 5.0
Performance

Distance: 3.00 miles

Time:0:30:39
Speed:5.9 mph

Pace:10' 13 /miHeart Rate:179 bpm (Avg)
Calories:328
189 bpm (Peak)
Notes
Incline: 1.0
1mi @ 10:55
2mi @ 9:57
3mi @ 9:47
Cool Down = .25mi

Posted from bimactive.com

1 comment:

Stuart said...

Ah lunges get me everytime! Nice negative spilts on the run.